Barber Mill Rd Closed June 20-23

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Jun 18, 2012.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Saw a construction sign that said "Barber Mill Rd Closed June 20-23". Don't know if that's the entire road, or just a stretch of it ... but figured I'd pass on what little I DO know (equal to exactly what the sign says).

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Saw it last week,I guess it's just the part starting at the sign up to 1010Rd.!? I would assume that they will be replacing or repairing the bridge?

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Ya mean we can't go to the Landfill those 3 days either???? :( I better make different plans then to dump my trash :)

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I think it's just that they are repairing the bridge there at Government and Barber Mill that crosses the creek. If you look at the road there are "Locate" marks for utilities in that area only.

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I'm just guessing, but I don't think they're going to do much more than resurfacing in two days.

I'd love to see them fix the bridge and/or approaches but I don't think it's going to happen this time. I can't count the number of times I've had to hug the guard rail to dodge someone crossing the line while heading South towards the bridge.

People died going into Swift Creek before the Armco barriers went up- sooner or later there will be a head-on and it'll be a mess.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there hasn't been more problems there, as it is! Seems like only a few times a year ... maybe less ... that they have an accident at that intersection.

7. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

* clarification..please stay right if you're heading South towards 1010!