Bullied NY Bus Monitor

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif001, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

A little old lady, who serves as a school bus monitor, endured bullying by kids on the bus. It was videoed and put up on YouTube and went viral. I've seen the video (sorry, you'll have to Google it yourself) and the kids were just plain mean.

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/11232668/

I want the patents interviewed.

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

3. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It turned my stomach when I saw this on the news this morning.
    There is a bit of a happy ending.

It may tell this in the links, I didnt read them, but someone set up a charitable web site for her hoping to raise $5K to send her on vacation. The last I saw they had raised over $100K. Maybe now she can retire and enjoy those 8 grand kids.

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Do you really know your kids, when they're out of your supervision? When they're around their peers?

6. Definitely makes me sick. I know I was never that mean in middle school nor did I know anyone that cruel....and I graduated in 07 so it wasn't all that long ago.

I agree more *** whoopins are definatly needed!

7. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

I, too, was sickened by this. It's horrid. I would like to see how the parents react.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The Dad of one of the kids was interviewed on TV this morning. He was actually very remorseful. He seemed to get it. Hopefully he'll beat some sense in to his kid.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Where was this again?...

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Greece, New York.

11. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Sometimes we just don't know what our little cherubs are up to. I would like to see them all have to do some kind of community service such as having to cut the yards of seniors using a push mower and hand clippers. Stand each of them up with his back to the wall and hurl mean things at him. Oh, sorry, that would be politically incorrect and it might hurt his self esteem. Wrap him in a banket and take him to a senior center and let them beat on him with sox with bars of soap in them.

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Part of that made a lot of sense ... let them work in a retirement home, or do something useful for the community, particularly relating to senior citizens. Let them learn to see these people as living, breathing, FEELING individuals. I vote for community service.

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I like the blanket party more myself.......LOL

14. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I think it's interesting that these kids are now feeling the same fear and insecurity that this woman felt. According to the news this morning... The families are now afraid that they are the targets of some very angry people. Hard lesson, but so well deserved!

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Probably not so much a lesson. Odds are they aren't accepting that their kids caused it. More likely they are blaming the kid who shot the video for releasing it to the Internet.

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Some parents will never accept that there kid did anything wrong. No matter if it was video taped or on paper. Parents need to stop sticking up for there kid every time and listen to other adults. Learned this the hard way and from watching some of the shows talking about this even the announcers have had the same reactions I got.

Sherry

17. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Her vacation/retirement donations are now up over $400K.

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Good, let the lady retire in peace! This ticks me off SO freakin' bad. If it was reversed, she would be fired, sued, probably in jail...crazy.

19. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

Those kids should get a week long a$$ whipping