Summer Reading

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Jun 14, 2012.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It wasn't a unanimous vote either..... :ack:

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I got mine through amazon.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Lmao, yes there was one member who did not want to read it and it won't me:lol:

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Mine's on it's way

5. Tit4Tat

Got my 50 shades today...8)

6. Wolfpack_CE

Wolfpack_CE Well-Known Member

How is the 50 Shade Trilogy?

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

start on page one of this thread..... 8)

8. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

If anyone has a Kindle or something to that you can read E-Books on... I can email you all 3 of Fifty Shades of Gray. Just inbox me your email address.

Oh and Kroger has the books... I called yesterday for a friend.. And someone told me they were only $12... I called the one in Garner.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Ok, hang on...

I have a Kindle (I've already read 50 shades though...)

Please tell me how you are emailing the books? Maybe I'm computer dumb, but I didn't know this was possible, and if it is, well then it opens a whole new world for me, lol...

10. Wolfpack_CE

You can download it from your computer by using your USB :)

11. JenniferK

I feel like I've just been hit with the "uh...duh" stick..

So, download the book to my PC from my Kindle, email it to someone, then they move it to their Kindle....

Genius...

I swear, why didn't I think of that? Ha ha! Thank you!

12. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Ha ha! Me too!!!! I know you can "fling" some titles to people or they can borrow the book for a week or two. Makes total sense! Maybe we should start a "Kindle" thread so we can email books back & forth? :)

I'm on book three of Fifty Shades. Interested to see who plays Grey in the movie. My money is on Ian Sommerhandler or Alexander Skarsgaard. (I might have misspelled their names)

13. Wolfpack_CE

I just got a Nook. As long as the files are epub, they should all work on the e-readers. If not, there are converters that you can download for free to get the files you need.

14. Tit4Tat

So, yall keep saying something about a book club you have formed here. I think I would like to join if I am welcome! Need something to do. Can I join??:cheers:

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

send a pm to kc, kdc or tassy i *think* they are part of the book club, not sure who else is though :oops: search "book club" there's a thread about it

FOUND IT >>>

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=33703&highlight=book+club

16. Tit4Tat

Thanks HG !!! I pm ed them.:cheers:

17. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I got them sent to my yahoo email.. Then I forward them to my kindle email address.. and They loaded they self. I have all 3 books.

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

"Sharing" books is all well and good, but isn't this tantamount to piracy?

19. JenniferK

I don't see how it's any different than me loaning a paperback to a friend.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I do... Are you going to send the file back to her or delete it when you are done with it? Or with your new found knowledge of file-sharing, are you going to offer the e-book file to friends who want to read it? With a paperback that is one book being passed on to possibly 5-10 people in its lifespan. With a digital file... Pitbull could send that out to 10 people, who each send it to ten more people, etc....you get the picture.

If you legitimately borrow a book from a friend through Amazon, after 2 weeks it returns itself to the original e-book purchaser, unless you request more time.

Sooner or later it'll be like when they cracked down on music piracy.

They should put something in the e-book file that corrupts itself when forwarded to another email.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012