I need a welder

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Resident, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

I have a piece (the mowing deck) on my mower that has come unwelded (if that's a word) from the arm that suspends it. The pieces fit together perfectly, but need to be welded back on. I know it'll cost a fortune to take it to a mower repair place.

Do any of you weld, or know someone who could weld it back on for me (for a fair price)?

Thanks in advance!

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

My husband has a welding machine thingy..I am sure he wouldnt care. He is in Florida on the storm right now. You can give him a call. 919-753-pm me for the rest if you want it..LOL. He MIGHT be back this weekend, I dont know. How soon do you need this? We are in the McGees Xroads area.

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Jason Barbour on Matthews Road (I think its Jason). They own the grass farm. He did some welding for me a few months back. Top job.

4. Resident

That would be awesome! I can PM you for your number. When will your husband be back, you think?

5. Resident

I can see if I can find his info. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Also at the intersection of Grill Rd and Cleveland Rd (on cleveland) there's a welding company there. I have no idea what the name is though.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Last year when my mower deck broke I took it to Griffs to weld and they put on new blades for me.

8. Resident

Did you want them to put on the new blades? I've used them in the past many times, but recently have learned that their prices are a bit high, among other issues.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

A grass farm? Do you know what type and do they sell retail?

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Boatloads of Bermuda and i think they have fescue in the back somewhere. As far as i know they do retail. Take Matthews Road down besides DR Wells, cross over Polenta and its at the top of the hill, just next to the intersection of Matthews and Sonny Road

11. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

They have centipede also. Yes they do retail.

12. tac

tac Member

Go see Jason Barbour on Matthews Rd.Excellant welding at fair price.He also has the best prices on centipede sod around.I bought a pallet from him this year and was very pleased.