Supreme Court upholds...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jun 28, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yes!!!

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I can't wait for November....

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Lots of words in the ruling. But basically it comes down to a tax on not being insured. Since Congress is allowed to tax, the law is constitutional.

Is anyone else here wishing King Richard would return from the crusades?

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Obama was never going to raise taxes if you made less than 250K...remember? And that doesn't even cover all the additional costs employers will incur as a result of this.... bye bye more jobs.

What a joke he is and our country has become .... the founding fathers would be puking right now.

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Mr. Obama didn't do anything except sign his name to the law created by Congress, specifically the House of Representatives. Let's keep the focus on who the real culprits are. All the politicians with real power, the Senate and the House, want you to blame the President when it's actually them that should get the blame.

And, taxes weren't raised, they are new ones.

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

This is Obama's baby...call it what you want. New taxes are an increase in taxes paid no matter how you want to say....it is a raise in the amount of money you send to the federal government. The fact it is "new" doesn't mean it doesn't change the amount.

Obama is a POS.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So question, how many of you can afford to buy insurance but choose not to so when you get sick or hurt & have to seek treatment which ends up being paid for by everyone? As i read it, those are the only people who will be taxed for not having insurance.

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

So all them good ole boys who voted for it are just Obama stooges?

I think you need a refresher course in Civics. You need to learn how the goverment works.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:hurray:

11. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

I wonder which will be cheaper...paying for a family of 6 or more on insurance or paying the fine (tax).

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That's what I am wondering.

13. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Here's a thought...people wouldn't need healthcare insurance if they could afford to pay their healthcare bills. Many employers have eliminated managed care and PPO options due to the escalating premiums and rise of Consumer Driven Health Care plans where there is a deductible and coinsurance plus full coverage for preventative medicine. The premiums for CDHP plans are significantly less and the key thing is participants are paying their part based on an insurance-provider contracted rate-in other words a reduced and reasonable rate of reimbursement. These plans are similar to indemnity plans that existed before managed care and before medical charges were inflated.

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I'm sorry, I kinda dozed off there about half way through.

15. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Today's word of the day children is Cynical. I have used it twice thus far.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I'm so astute on the government I should be in politics. I know how it passed but it is was at his behest. Hell they had to backdoor the thing via bribes and kickbacks just to get some of the Blue Dogs to go along with the corruption.

17. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

If it were only that simple.

Fact is EVERYONE's costs are about to go up to cover the people that will inevitably play the system.

Costs going up will mean employers will either lay off employees, raise prices as much as the market will bear or will just drop coverage altogether.

Anybody that believes this abortion of a bill will "insure more but cost less" is a freakin' re-My Friend.

Welcome to Europe...we are all ****ed.

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Based upon everything I've read from you, I highly doubt it.

19. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

You are free to have your opinion. See? I'm already an improvement.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

:lol: