A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Laryngitis sucks!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

3. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I missed this somehow. So sorry for your loss.

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Does that mean the rest of us can finally get a word in?

:jester:

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:twisted: dh loves it:lol:

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Stop thinking of it as a pile opf paper and start thinking of it as a pile of trees.

If you only think of it as "just paper", you won't care anymore than you would that candy wrapper you threw out the window on your way to work this morning.

I'm not a "tree-hugger" by any stretch, but wastefulness is wastefulness.

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Is it unreasonable to think an HVAC unit should work when it gets hotter than 85 degrees outside and not crap out entirely??? Grrr....

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They can only cool so much percentage wise vs the outside temp. It's going to be kinda warmish the next few days. :?

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I get that...but it is already 80 degrees by 9 am with warm air coming out of the upstairs vents (and this was last week when it was in the 80's outside). I've had someone out and they say that there is nothing wrong with it and we changed the filters. We have been gone all week, so I can only imagine how hot it will get up there over the next few days. It just used to keep up a little better. The downstairs unit is the same size/brand and cools well. Must be time to replace the upstairs one. I was hoping for more than the six years we have had it before busting out the checkbook. :?

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That isn't normal. Call Arctic Air at 919-796-4681. They are all kinds of awesome. It may need to be re-charged.

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

They recharged it...once last year and again in March (and added leak seal) and checked it again in May for the same issue and that time the compressor had locked up so they added something else to it (a starter?). They came out right before we left town last week and said all the "numbers" were fine. I took that to mean that they were not going to do anything else. Our filters were bad (we bought the expensive kind that clog immediately apparently), so we changed those but no real difference since then. I guess we'll see what happens over the weekend and whip out the old window unit in the meantime so the boys can sleep. Always something!!!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hmmm...........yes, use the "cheap" filters, since they have better air flow. Those HEPA ones just burn up your sytem too quick.

We suffered with a hot upstairs for years, we had a leaky coil and it never failed to crap out at the worst times. We got a new unit and another return cut in the bonus room and it's like a different house.

I also put thermal curtains on the upstairs windows that roast to cut some of that solar heat too, that also helped. It's dark as crap in the bonus room, but it stays cool.

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep, we are thinking the same thing about adding the return in the bonus and the new unit. Just hard to pull the trigger on it, but we are tired of pouring funds into this one for no return. We also have a dark bonus...blind and blackout curtains in there and it helps. Thanks for the suggestions. Guess I will "get in line" and see when we can get a new unit.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It will pay for itself, I've seen a dramatic reduction in my elec bill. We went with a 15 Seer American Standard Unit. It's so purty! :jester:

I don't take my A/C for granted, LOL

16. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

That is the argument I have been giving dh...tired of paying high light bills for a unit that never turns off and blows warm air! I don't take it for granted either...I never had a/c till I was in college and now I can't take it if it's hot! Heck, we even got a cabin with a/c just in case it got hot up here in the mountains this week...now that is spoiled! 8) Thanks again...I guess I will tell Buddy to give me the same plan you got!!

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers:

18. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thought I would die out in the heat today. Went to have my air conditioning topped off because it was blowing cold air then hot. They topped it off but said my air conditioner in the car needs work. Between the heat and thinking about what it will to have my air conditioner done I'm going to scream.

Don't see how my kid can lifeguard and do swim lessons in this heat. She's putting on the highest sunscreen we can find but I don't this it is working like it should. She's as brown as my coffee table.

Any tips on protecting her skin in this heat?

Sherry

19. Sherry A.

Lordy, I laughed out loud. Cannot wait to show her this post. I'm so white I look like mayo.

Sherry

20. Sherry A.

She told me to tell you we are a biracial family. That's how PC we are. :mrgreen: I thought that was a good comeback to you. She laughed.

Sherry