For the Sake of Argument

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jun 29, 2012.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ladies.............do you think you have the right to choose the gender of you doctors and nurses?

Gentlemen? How about you?

Do you think you have the right to decide who sees your naked behind?

So that makes you sexist if you want a care provider of the same gender?

Personally, I don't care. I've had male and female doctors and nurses provide care, don't make no nevermind to me as long as they are competant.

Thoughts and opinions?

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't care either as long as they know what they are doing and dont **** me up. :lol:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers: This I can agree with. However, if someone's 80 year old grandmother doesn't want a male nurse, so be it. I don't think that makes her a horrible person, just raised in a different time.

But hey, she must be on some slippery slope to being a racist, sexist homophobe to hear ole Cliffie boy tell it.

What if someone was the victim of some sort of abuse and prefered their own gender? I guess that makes them awful too, they have to set aside their own feelings so some nurse doesn't get their feewings hurt? NO! That's why they are professionals.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't care as long as they have small hands, but I usually choose
    a man doctor because he less likely to follow me home after the physical.

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I'm with you... if you want a particular sex to assist with your personal care, then so be it! Personally, I don't care as long as they are qualified, but everyone is different and it's not up to us to judge or accuse someone of being sexist or prejudiced because of their choice. A professional nurse would not be offended!

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Cliffie, how about if someone's religion specifically prohibits an exam by someone of the opposite gender. Does that get your PC hackles up? Or does that one get a pass from you?

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I'm sorry, but Clif is not available right now. If you care to leave your flame, please do so and he'll get back to you at his earliest convenience.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's what I thought. You can fling poo at me to your hearts content but you let some come back in your direction and you decide to get all sanctimonious. ANY other poster could have made the point I did and you wouldn't have had jack to say about it.

Crawl back under your bridge. SS has room beside him for you.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Mafiaman, you always hit the nail on the head,
    :hurray:

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

honestly to the original question I prefer female doctors and nurses, to me personally they tend to pay more attention to what I'm saying and seem to listen better to my issues.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And that is the beauty of having a choice. Something which common sense would dictate folks should have when it comes to their healthcare.

My favorite doctor was a man, my favorite pediatrician for my son was a man. I've recently run across a woman doctor that I like very well, although the most horrible doc I ever had the misfortune of seeing was a woman. No bedside manner whatsoever. Cold as ice.

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

See the last male doctor I saw rubbed me the same way, he would half absently minded ask the same questions 2-3 times often times he would ask me a question like what are these scars on your knee make some notes in his little doodle pad electronic thing then look down see my knee again and say oh how did you get these scars.

13. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I went to a new OB/GYN the other day for an annual check up. I had my back to the door where they come out to get you so when I heard a manly voice call my name I thought I may turn around and see a masculine female standing there (I have no problem with lesbian nurses/doctors btw...when I was in labor I was glad to have Helga the linebaker there to roll me over. She wasn't messing around!). Anyway, I turn around and it's a 20 something year old kid (I say kid because it was the youngest male nurse I have ever encountered). I wasn't sure who it was worse for him or me when his first question is when was the date of my last cycle? :lol: Thank goodness he wasn't hot or I would have thought I was living out my own sitcom episode. :lol: I actually didn't care and I don't care about things like this as long as a person acts like a professional and does a good job. :cheers:

14. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Oh Craig! I'm not sure "rubbed me the same way" is the phrase you want to use when discussing your male doctor. lol

15. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

Me being Male, My doctor is female and I prefer that over a male doctor. It makes the prostate exam each year "exciting".

" grins "