question please!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Jul 3, 2012.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Trying to locate a small, cheap hotel/motel that is as near to the beach as possible here in NC. I've been on Hotels.com, Kayak and tons of other places but I can't find anything in my budget. The ones I do are too far from the beach. I'm looking for a once in a lifetime deal! Other people get 'em so I want one too! LOL :mrgreen: Any ideas???

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

This is the primo season...not sure what beach you're going to and when, but the norm is 100.00 plus a night anywhere. In fact, 100.00 a night is a good deal this time of year.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

4. KellBell

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

There's always KOA. :)

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

7. KellBell

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Might be worth the drive, if it's a better deal! :lol:

10. Wolfpack_CE

Wolfpack_CE Well-Known Member

You are in peak season, so you will have to pay peak prices

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  12. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

We stayed here a few weeks ago. It's nothing fancy, clean on the inside at least. There's a REALLY GOOD breakfast place at the top of the street called "Mike's Place".

Anyway, there's another hotel across the street that I wouldnt suggest staying at. There's a parking lot between the motel and the pier/ocean so it's not as ocean front as the name of the hotel describes. :)
    Around $100 a night and it's in Emerald Isle.

http://www.oceanviewinnemeraldisle.com/

13. KellBell

I would not go if they was freeeee.....

but that's me. :mrgreen:

14. God'schild

Thank you all! Gonna check with hubby on some of these and a WONDERFUL friend on here is doing some ofher own looking too. I've decided to wait till after Labor Day, seems like better rates then. Thanks again! 4042 is better than google!

15. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

16. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Groupon has getaway deals too. If you sign up, they come to your email daily.

17. God'schild

Thanks All! We have decided on the Sea Vista Motel on Topsail. Fits our budget and its RIGHT on the beach...ahhhhhhhhhhh... What is the best eating places around there? We do plan to take stuff cause the room has a small kitchenette type...thingy.. lololololol We just want one night of a nice dinner out... Any suggestions??? :allears:

18. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We LOVE Beauchaines211. Reservations are a MUST and ask for a window table. The shrimp and grits are wonderful, very creamy, and my hubby likes the Roasted Garlic Marscapone with shrimp and scallops. Actually, everything we have ordered there has been wonderful. We eat there at least once every trip.

http://beauchaines211.com/

19. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

http://www.seavistamotel.com/

Oceanfront...very close to the ocean! At Topsail Beach (about 3 hours from JoCo). The rooms are not fancy by any means, but convenient and fairly cheap summer rates.

20. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Duh.. I just saw where you decided on this. :lol: