Time Warner Internet

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

We have been having problems with our internet going out a few times a day. I have called Time Warner multiple times and was always told something was being worked on in the area or they would resend a signal or something. This time I insisted they send a technician. WHen he got here today he said " Oh yeah--your modem is old and was supposed to have already been replaced" We have had the modem since 2004. He told us it was on the back of the bill that if we still had an old white modem to call and get it replaced--but I don't read the entire bill--just look to make sure the charges are correct. It frustrated me that they did not do this when I first called but now I can provide a customer service alert to anyone else who still has an old white Time Warner modem--call then to replace it!

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

There's a walk-in location on 70 in Clayton in the same shopping center as Lowe's Foods. I have exchanged cable boxes and remotes there a few times. Quicker and easier than calling TWC.

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Interesting...I had no idea either. I haven't had any problems with it, at least not with phone / data. The TV blacks out for a second after each commercial break but that's probably just a "feature".

They have a list on their website. If your unit isn't listed it says that "There is a good chance that your device has moved to an “End of Life” status."

http://www.timewarnercable.com/East/support/topic.ashx/Approved+Customer+Device+List

4. garnernative

garnernative Guest

I've been having problems

I have been having problems but my modem is only about a yr old... Wonder what their excuse is for me?

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I bought my own modem so I don't have to deal with their crap or pay them any extra money. :)

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I came home around 5:30 and phone cable and internet was all out. Only just came back on about 10 minutes ago

7. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

i have been having problems with my modem too..it is an old white one. And no, there was nothing on the back of my bill.

8. jesse82nc

They stopped making the "white ones" like 6 years ago. It's well overdue for a replacement. You should ask for a replacement from the cable company about every 2 years at most. Or you could buy your own high end one that will last you several years. Anything that is DOCSIS 3.0.

9. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I swapped mine out yesterday- no hassle, no problem. It seems to be faster, although I have nothing to back that up.

I asked the rep about my TV problem and he suggested a similar fix -upgrade the box, no charge.

10. jesse82nc

You can go here to test out your speed. speedtest.net is pretty accurate.

I'm paying for 10/1 and I get 9.83/0.97 today. Sometimes it's just over 10/1 on other days. Granted that is with about 10 devices hooked up to the internet at home.

11. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Well Time Warner like everyone else is cutting cost. If you have an UVEE modem of any kind demand they replace it with a motorola. Uvee sucks and it's super cheap and it fails consistently. I kept dropping my connection and had to prove to Time Warner it was their uvee modem. I did prove it and made their engineering team look stupid. Demand Motorola. I work from home a lot and I need a dependable connection. Throw Uvee out the window.