Josephine Road Fireworks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ibleedbluee, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

That's just the point, there is no point. At least no point that you can point to and say, that's the point.

Of course we could have a pointed conversation about the point, or lack of a point, but I think that would ultimately be pointless.

2. JPinJOCO

JPinJOCO Well-Known Member

Very nice. :lol:

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Trying to stop people from setting off real fireworks is about as fruitless as trying to stop people from smoking marijuana (which at last count was nearly 17M Americans as per the NIDA even though it is illegal under Federal law). Real fireworks are legal in more than half the country including some of our neighboring states. Just because they are illegal here and you need a permit to set them off does not mean people will actually get a permit to do so. And the real fireworks are much safer than bottle rockets if used properly. They go much higher up (usually 150-250') and they are just made of paper and explosives (so they completely burn up when they explode). If you find something on the ground, 99% of the time it is not from mortars and shells (aka "real fireworks). I can pretty much guarantee you that dozens of subdivisions will be setting them off tomorrow night and this coming weekend. If you must call the sheriff, go ahead. It's just what American's like to do to celebrate the greatest day in our history.

Just my 2 cents. </off soap box>

4. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I believe the OP said the guy was shooting off fireworks after 10 pm throughout the summer and not simply on Independence Day.

5. JPinJOCO

Thanks for the better explanation of mortars 9shells0 and bottle rockets. I tried in earlier posts. :hurray:

6. ibleedbluee

ibleedbluee Active Member

This. I expect them tomorrow, or last weekend, or next weekend. What I think is rude is starting at 10:10 PM after kids (and some adults) have gone to bed. If you're going to do it at least warn people first. Guess I expect too much thinking that folks could respect their neighbors a little.

7. JPinJOCO

nah, your right on that point. The same with loud music or any other late night noise

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

The guy that sets them off at random times throughout the year two and three at a time, and usually at 10pm or later is REALLY annoying. You are not the only one that feels this way, I assure you.

9. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Yea those buttholes was really destroying my sleep time that night. I go to work at 11pm and I try and get a nap for a hour or two beforehand. That didn't happen that night as i felt like I was in the Iraqi invasion. This was from a few assclowns in Island creek and Twisted oaks that night

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Assclowns??? :confused:

11. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one who used that term profusely! LOL

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

It's tied with 'hats'...'clowns' or 'hats' = same dirtballs causing problems.