Wendy's - Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Jul 17, 2012.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Wendy's in Clayton closed today for major renovations. This is the Wendy's on Hwy. 70 East in the Food Lion shopping center. Now if only the Pizza Hut next door would follow suit.

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We gave up going to that Wendy's due to extremely slow service. It didn't matter what time of day or night either. From the looks of it, the Pizza Hut hasn't been too busy lately.

3. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

That whole shopping center needs renovation...

4. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Used to be the manager in may 1985 to june 1987 at that wendy's before BK and McD's came to town. We used get all the beach traffic because I40 wasn't built yet.

5. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

We really love Pizza Hut pizza but that bldg. looks like it might fall down. Does anyone know why the owners or whoever will not do something about the bldg? When you sit in the booths the seats are like you are sitting in a hole!

But I do love the pizza!

6. gcoats3

I have written to Pizza Hut corporate office several times. Evidently they could care less. Sad. Seats are split open in the booths. They just refer complaints to local owner who will not do anything. We also love Pizza Hut. We have been to Smithfield lately. Much nicer!

7. As a friend in the restaurant business once told me..."Closed for renovations" = "Closed for good"

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

fixed

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Not in this case. Wendy's is rehabbing many of their locations.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I hope they are rehabbing some of the employees. Used to be able to buy drugs at our dear ole' Wendy's when my kid was in high school.

Sherry

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I hate that they closed the one in front of Walmart and left the crappy one open.

12. oneshortds

oneshortds Member

DH just drove by and said the building is gone. Is this a renovation or are they out of business?

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

If it is gone then I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it isn't being renovated. LOL

14. gcoats3

They are rebuilding in the same location in Clayton! Site plan, etc. was approved by Town of Clayton Planning Board and Town Council several months ago.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Reading comprehension is such a lost art. :?

The OP stated that is was being RENOVATED. What part of that did some of you not get? He knows what the the hell he's talking about, esp with regards to what is going on in Clayton.

If you have legitimagte INFORMATION to the contrary, then post it.

Otherwise, you are just flapping your fingers for nothing.

Praise be that they tore that hell hole down and are putting up a new one. That whole shopping center is a disgrace.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Take it easy suga' dumplin'. Renovating to most people doesn't mean torn down and rebuilt. Now get back in the kitchen. :lol:

17. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Talked with a manager there several months ago and he indicated they were going to tear down the old one and build a more modern up-to-date facility -- kinda like McDonald's is doing and has done in the area. He says it will be much better than the newer MickyD's - but then again - he is probably biased as they pay his salary! LOL!

Kinda looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

To me personally the best fast food burgers are Wendy's and the best fast food fries are McD's.

Sadly I can get a Chargrill burger almost as fast as any of the fast food places and can get a Cook-Out burger just as fast.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter how nice they make it if the employees still have sucky attitudes and move slow as molasses. :?

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing. The 'newer' one up by me, at Exit 319 (McGee's Crossroads) is the worst. SLOW and 'sucky attitudes'. :?