need some guidance...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Jul 19, 2012.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

ok... I own a Mazda MPV Van. I also have a "bad tire" cloud that hovers over me ALL THE DANG TIME. For whatever reason, I have a lug nut on each wheel that has a "key" that is needed to remove one certain lug nut in order to remove the wheel. ................sigh........ My last flat tire incident about a week ago, I think the guy who helped me may have stripped it trying to get it off. I now am riding with 4 lug nuts on that wheel. Which is ok I hear and not a problem... Thanks to my dear friend Framemama. Framemama is also as freaked out by this as I am cause I don't have $800 RIMS. Ain't nobody want these tires on these cheapo lookin rims...trust me. But what do ya do....:banghead:

Here's the problem.. I got the tire fixed and still need another tire fixed and went to have them done last weekend. Well........... They can't get the other one off with the DANG KEY cause it won't work. So now, if I get another flat...(which is inevitable with the shape the other tire is in)...I'M SCREWED. I do not have the money to get the van towed. Does anyone here know of anyone or is someone here able to help me get the thing off any other way? I'm told that a good mechanic more than likely has a tool that can override that. But I don't know who to go to that I can trust. I tried to call Auto Zone to see if they sold just the "key" thing but they only come with the lugnuts AND there is NO guarantee it would match what I need. I'm afraid if I have to go to a Mazda dealer, I'm gonna have to pay a fortune and I don't have it.

Any suggestions????? :?: TIA!!!:)

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Call Brians Auto Repair @ 919-723-8185

That's who we use for car repairs, he doesn't try to pull one over on you. If he can't help, he can probably recommend someone who can.

Good luck!

3. God'schild

Thanks kdc!!! I called and they feel like they may be able to help so I am going over there on Saturday morning!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!

4. God'schild

If the mechanic I go to on Saturday can't do it for some reason or another, I will try this. Thanks PRM!!!

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Go to the mazda dealer and grab a mechanic. All he has to do is unlock it and you are done.

6. God'schild

if all else fails and I have to do that, do you think they will charge a huge fee?

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Chances are he or she will have one just laying around. They don't suck. The salesmen do.

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I start with Brian. If I need to go elsewhere, it's because he recommended it. Great work on cars and motorcycles.

9. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

trucks, too!

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

:iagree:

11. God'schild

Thanks all! My husband managed to get 2 of the 3 that were left off. Of course neither of them were the one that has the bad tire on it:banghead: lolololol Should I expect anything less? So I will see Brian in the morning!!!!! You all are awesome!