Summer Olympics 2012

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Jul 22, 2012.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Start in 5 days. Awesome!

Sherry

2. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

I stopped caring about them years ago.

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I'm super excited for them to start myself...it's a change from the regular garbage on TV. Go USA!!

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they are on the tv in the evenings, not during the day. Don't want my soap opera to be pre-empted; like it is when that tennis stuff was on NBC. Few things are worth watching during prime time, especially during summer reruns. Sorry...we are just not sports people at all.

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I didn't know soap operas were still on. :jester: I used to watch GH 15 years ago. I couldn't take the bad acting any longer. :lol:

6. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Back to the topic at hand, I want my girls to watch this year. My youngest inspires to be a competitive gymnast. I think it will be good for her to see just how talented and skilled these gymnasts are. It always amazes me!

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I hope to make the whole event without even accidentally seeing them on TV.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Why?

Sherry

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I'm not a real sports fan most of the time, but every four years I do look forward to the Olympics. Unfortunately this year I can't take my vacation to watch them, but I normally would.

Favourite events (don't care which gender):
    Gymnastics
    Track & Field
    Diving
    Beach Volleyball (if a conflict, I'll watch women over men. Hey, after all, I am a guy)

Not a big fan of basketball, especially since the USA decided to start allowing pros to compete.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you, but I heard an interview with a Track And Field star on NPR this morning and he said all the track and field folks are paid professionals also, this individual was paid between $15,000 to $100,000 a year depending on how good he was at the time.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

The athletes are not paid to perform, they are paid to advertise. Basketball players are paid to perform (as well as advertise).

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I think the allure to the Olympics back in the day was the rivalries we had with commie countries (USSR, E Germany, Cuba)....but now with some of those gone it isn't as exciting. At least that's the case with me.