Wendy's - Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Jul 17, 2012.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Yeah, and that manager with her name tattooed on her neck scares the hell out of me. (I call her big red cause she's on the plus side and has red hair).

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I'd hate to find that in my chili.

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Wrong on both**.

Steak 'n' Shake has better burgers and fries, no contest.

** Yes, I know you said "to me personally...", but try Steak 'n' Shake and see if you don't agree with how wrong you were.

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Had steak and shake and was not impressed by either. My favorite burger place went out of business and that was PD quix

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah the irony of it all... there is a discernible difference between renovate and rebuild, but of course maybe she meant the land and not the building which is or was Wendy's.

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Even though I stay away from fast food these days, there was a time in which I would concur.

7. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

I wonder why they torn the one down at the Food Lion Shopping Center, since they had a nice building infront of Wal-Mart. If Wendys could not make it in front of Wal Mart, there is something wrong!

In Smithfield, they closed up the one on the west side of town and Wendys has purchased land at US 70 near McDonald and Bojangles in Selma. I would say that is kinda close to the one that is on Bright Leaf Blvd.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  8. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

9. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i loved that place i worked there when it was one in garner they were they bomb though!

10. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I guess they know their business, but that location doesn't seem to generate a lot of dining room traffic, although the drive thru seems to do OK. The Burger King is even slower but their access is worse.

The McDonald's a half a mile away is almost always over capacity so maybe they're hoping to pick up some of that business.

More power to 'em- maybe they'll give the whole shopping center a boost.

The west Clayton location was an obvious loser from the get go...if it had been on the same side as Wally Mart it probably would have survived.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

This Wendy's was on the same side as Walmart.....just as Andy's and Zaxby's are. In fact it was right beside Zaxby's

12. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're correct...don't know what I was thinking.

13. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

The Subway inside WalMart has a pretty good business. Although not a hamburger joint it does take away from a Wendy's in the same parking lot.

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

word is, this is going to be a 2 story Wendy's...

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

So they are following the Chic-fil-a 2 story concept... the new one at Cameron Village is big! And not for nuthin', but I like the new McDonalds without the "playland".

16. KellBell

yep, the 2 story concept seems to be the wave....and hopefully it will do well. That's prime location.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm actually surprised they are dumping that much money into that location since the 70 bypass has taken alot of traffic off 70 business.

18. KellBell

I was surprised too when I was told. we shall see if there is any truth to the rumor. I love Wendy's Chicken Sandwiches. and the Frosty, of course.

19. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Why....

I don't get it. That shopping center is JUNK. The Food Lion is not a place you want to go to after dark. But this is the place they want to build the biggest Wendy's on the East Coast?!?

Will this Wendy's appear on Roadside America now?

Good grief...

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Exactly. Someone needs to tell them and several other fast food places in the area that the building isn't the problem.
    It's not rocket science. Look at Chick Fil A. This is what's right in America. They are closed on Sunday, hire people who want to work, they look you in the eye and greet you and they say "My Pleasure" when you ask for a refill. They get the order right almost every time. Sometimes they even come around and offer to fill your drinks. They are ALWAYS busy.

What Wendys, Burger King and others need to do is fire every one of them and start over with new properly trained employees. I say that knowing it will never happen. The only glimmer of hope is that the poor economy will push more people who actually *want* to work to apply.

And most of all - HIRE A PERSON WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH TO WORK THE AT DRIVE THROUGH!!!!!!!