A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I CAN NOT BOIL EGGS!!!!! I should just give up ... :cry:

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

you can't mess up boiled eggs... they're too easy.. how did you try to cook them?

try this way...

put the eggs in a pan of cold water (single layered and enough water to cover by 1/2" or so), put them on the stove on high. Just as soon as the water starts to boil, remove pan from the burner and cover the pan and let them sit for 12 minutes if they are large size eggs (9 min. for medium and 15 for xlarge). Then cool them in cold water and peel, or refrigerate.

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I believe they key is then putting them in cold water after the boil. They peel so easy then. I am a guy and I can boil eggs!!

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I boil 10 a week (eat two a day for breakfast). What in the world? Girl, it's not rocket science. :mrgreen:

5. KellBell

I boil 10 a week (eat two a day for breakfast). What in the world? Girl, it's not rocket science. :mrgreen:

put your eggs in a pot. cover with cool water. bring to boil for 12 min. turn burner off. let them sit about 15 min. Dump water they were boiled in out. Add cold water. Let them sit about another 30 min. Peel and enjoy.

I peel all mine at this point and store in a ziploc bag for the week.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I need to do this, great idea!

7. KellBell

I eat two a day for breakfast. And sometimes use them on Salads. It makes it easy to carry my breakfast to work and eat healthy. It's awesome to have them ready to eat/use. :mrgreen:

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I love hard boiled eggs ... pure protein for breakfast or a snack, and good on a salad! I just have this mental block ... I'll put them on the stove to boil and set a timer .. .but I always tune the timer out and forget I'm boiling them until I start to smell burnt-boiled-eggs (after all the water has evaporated). I've even set up to 3 timers!

My mistake yesterday ... I put the pot on to boil, set the timer .. was so proud of myself when I actually heard the timer and got up to turn them off. I'd forgotten to put the eggs in the pot! All I'd done was boiled a pot full of water. Ah, well!

I agree with y'all about the cold water immediately after the boiling, to make peeling easier. I usually use an ice water bath for a couple minutes, when I actually get that far. ;)

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

HUMIDITY = HAIR UP IN A CLIP :mrgreen:

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I boil mine for about 10 minutes,then crack them a little under cold running water and then put them in a bowl of icewater.If you put a tablespoon of vinegar in the cooking water the eggs will not crack during cooking.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

You know, they sell boiled eggs at the store. :lol:

12. KellBell

they are N A S T Y. :ack:

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I bought the Egglands brand ones, they would be okay in a pinch for time-saving... for deviled eggs or egg salad in larger quantities. They weren't horrible, but I like my own done fresh better.

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I agree...I don't like the preboiled eggs...yuck! I do love boiled eggs, though! I boil a dozen on Sunday nights for the week. DH eats them as well. I LOVE my fresh eggs, but they are a pain in the butt to peel!

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I hate days that I don't feel good. This too will pass.

Sherry

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Stop doing Meth

17. KellBell

the whites are too hard! I don't know, they don't taste the same to me.

18. harleygirl

"YOUR APPROXIMATE HOLD TIME FOR A PROGRESS ENERGY REPRESENTATIVE IS 12 MINUTES"

:? REALLY? 12 MINUTES! :boxing:

23 mins later... still on hold :?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. I had to deal with it yesterday to find out that they would not talk to me because my name is not on the account!

20. harleygirl

Their customer service is the worst!!! EVER!!!