What is your favorite Pelican's snow cone flavor?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wolfpack_CE, Jul 23, 2012.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

website says 100 calories for a small cone. :cheers:

2. RISteveH

RISteveH Well-Known Member

strawberry daiquiri, but that's just me, would love to live on an island where I could kick back and drink them all day long.

3. Wolfpack_CE

Wolfpack_CE Well-Known Member

I want to try and venture to try another flavor. I don't know what I want to try. Maybe I should ask one of the people that work there to just surprise me with something great!

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Strawberry Cheesecake w/ cream...yum! Shrek is good as well!

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Wolfpack...surprise you? LOL You might wind up with something you don't like!

Pirategirl...oh yeah, strawberry cheesecake is awesome!

6. Wolfpack_CE

That's very true Jennifer. They might slip in some dill or some egg cus-My Friend. LOL

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I tried the Vanilla Charlie a few nights ago after reading this thread and now I think I have a new favorite:hurray:. Before that, I loved Pina Colada the best, with close seconds going to Wedding Cake and Wild Cherry.

8. Wolfpack_CE

I also like Wild Cherry. I will have to try the Vanilla Charlie the next time...humm maybe tonight

9. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

The next time you get the Vanilla Charlie, ask about the Great Dane story. I am curious if I am even close to remembering it correctly. I'm pretty sure they said that "Charlie" would frequent the Clayton location.

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Haven't been yet (maybe this weekend!) but from what I've been reading ... how in the world can you decide which flavor to pick?? Sounds like so many yummy ones ... I won't know where to start!!

11. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

cherry cola!

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I've never been there but just don't get the whole snow cone thing...had them as a kid and it was basically just sipping sicky sweet syrup in a cup..the ice obviously has no flavor. Why even put the syrup on chunks of ice?

13. Wolfpack_CE

I will be sure and ask TG the owner about the 'Charlie' Great Dane story the next time I visit the Clayton Pelican's.

It's not a bunch of chunky ice. They make the ice sweat for 24 hours so the ice is really soft and absorbs the syrup. Then when you pack the shaved ice in the cup the syrup comes out.

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Went by last night and got two more flavors in my challenge...

Lime (tasted like a sweet lime, not a real lime flavor)

Mai-Tai (kind of a orange/lime combo)

15. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

I agree and that's why I've never been, but I realize the kind of sno-cone they serve is a different kind of ice than I remember from my childhood. So we have plans to take our 2 yo tonight after dinner. Already trying to decide what flavor to get!

16. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

So it's not like this?
    [​IMG]

17. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since I've been there, but now I have a hankering for one. In the old days, our local place made the snow cones just like Pelicans, but they had a little ball of ice cream in the middle with the snow all around it. It was the most luscious treat!

18. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

We went Friday night (I had red velvet cake and it was delicious!), it is more like this:
    [​IMG]

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Brain Freeze! :mrgreen:

20. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

I know this sounds strange but...

I like the plain ice. No flavor at all.