Mastercard vs. Visa

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Aug 5, 2012.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

This upcoming college year my daughter's college will no longer accept Visa. We are running into this more and more.....anyone know why? Have Visa's fees gone up? This is a real pain since we both have Visa.

Sherry

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

What college and what is she using it for?

3. Sherry A.

Western Carolina University and she uses it to put money on what is called her "Cat" card to purchase items on campus.

Sherry

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Hmmm. Interesting. That is strange.

5. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Everyone is going back to MC, it seems. My bank used to be Visa....switched 6-8 months ago. :?
    Don't know why.....

6. Sherry A.

Found out from Wells Fargo today that just about every university in North Carolina is cutting out Visa due to fees. They showed us the list and I think only four or five are allowing Visa this year.

Darn it. Bet when we all switch to Mastercard the charges go up at universities as well. Sh........t

Sherry

7. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I know at State they dropped Visa because there was some extra fee that Visa would charge them and so State said it would be more fair to not accept Visa than to charge that extra fee for ANY CC transaction since they are not able to just say "hey, for using a Visa you're getting an extra fee."

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I thought this might have to do with the Supreme Court ruling earlier this year.

Thanks