Walgreens Pharmacy at 40/42 - service has gone downhill

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Sep 3, 2012.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Anybody else having trouble with this pharmacy?

I had to make THREE trips up there last Tuesday to get my prescriptions filled correctly. The pharmacist could not figure out that 3 months from 5/9/12 was 8/9/12 and not 9/9/12. He kept telling me that it was too early to refill my meds even though I was completely out of them.

Then he told me that he would have to fax the doctor for a refill on one of them. That was last Tuesday. I went today to pick it up and they had not faxed it to the doctor YET. So, the lady was kind enough to give me 4 days worth until they get a refill ok'd by my doctor.

I'll be switching to another pharmacy as soon as my refills are due again. Has anybody had any experience with the pharmacy at Walmart? I'll either switch to them or Medicap at 42.

2. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I recommend Medicap. Walgreens in Clayton isn't much better. Haven't used the 40/42 one but the clayton one is pretty incompetent as well. They are severely understaffed and the handful of people who work there at any given time are being worked to death. I'm not surprised they are so inefficient. i don't blame the employees as much as i blame the bad management.

3. michelle

I believe I will switch to Medicap. I always had excellent service from Jody at 210 and I'm sure Lance is just as great. I can't wait to switch!

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Geez, I didn't think that Walgreens COULD go any further down hill ... have always had problems there. I agree with the others, go to Medicap ... Lance is great!

5. jcongdon1

jcongdon1 Active Member

Yes my wife recently had problems with picking up a prescription there and the pharmacy tech was very rude. She told my wife there was no way to find a prescription without a date of birth but it was for a dog and we didn't know what date was given. Once we got it from the Vet we found it it had been filled at another Walgreens even though it was called in to 40/42. Funny thing is they had the medicine there in her hand and told my wife it would take 30 minutes to fill. Mind you that was just to put a label on the bottle. When my wife came back to pick it up the Pharmacist was there and was able to find it just by giving a name, not the birth date....Yep. We are done with em too.

6. michelle

The last two times I've been up there the pharmacy tech has been chewing gum like a cow chews cud. Nasty.

7. garnet

garnet Well-Known Member

Regarding Date of Birth for Dog's prescriptions.

We decided to make it easy and just make the Date of Birth for our dog's my husband's birthday. This way we always remember it.

Simple trick and it works.

8. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

I use Walgreens at 40/42 and never have any issues with them.

9. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We use the Walmart pharmacy (40/42) and are very satisfied with the staff there. I get a LOT of prescriptions (diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid) and they have always been helpful. Good communication with our doctor, helpful with rebates and information about generics. Refills are just a phone call away, and are always ready on time; if it won't be ready by the time promised, they will call to speak with you. If your refills expire, they will contact your doctor, and they will fill them the cheapest way possible. When I have questions about interactions or what exactly a medicine does for me, they take the time to answers questions. Although I do not get my flu shot there, because apparently they do not accept blue cross/blue shield direct billing . I go to Walgreens for the shot, and have always had a pleasant experience getting that shot there, and no paperwork or payment. Maybe I like them so much at Walmart because I am there so often and we have become friendly. I do not usually shop a lot at walmart, but of course I pick stuff up when I go to pick up my meds, so it is convenient and a positive experience for me. :)

10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I've been getting my meds at Medicap. I usually only bring my film to be processed at Walgreens but in the past year or so their film development has gone down hill.

11. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

It is the exact opposite for me. I had been using Medicap, but they seem to have gone downhill. I am tired of having to deal with the high school girls who work there and have no business working in a pharmacy. They dress unprofessionally and never seem to have any idea what they are doing. Lance is great, but he cannot do it all.

12. Rockyv58

Well wearing scrubs in an office enviroment may be deamed as "unprofessional", in the allied health field it is deamed "professional". Just my 2 cents. And every time I have gone there to get a prescription filled they have always seamed on top of their game.

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

as a general rule, I have no problems with Walgreens. But the male pharmacist is an I D I O T.

14. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You make most men bumble like idiots hottie!

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

If you consider flip flops and shorts to be scrubs then...sure!

17. Rockyv58

nope that's beachware

18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I have only seen Lance and their web page only lists him. Every time I go in and have a question, the girls call Lance over. Every time they mess up my order, they call Lance over. Don't get me wrong, he is great. The pharmacy as a whole just doesn't meet my expectations.

i realize you are another local business owner and I respect your attempt to 'stick up' for Medicap, but the OP asked for opinions and I gave it.

19. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I still go there for flu shots, but not to fill prescriptions. I actually prefer to patronize the local business, but service is key.

20. wackybrit

wackybrit Member

I have been going to the CVS at 4042 for years, but have finally had enough. I had 2 prescriptions called in yesterday, so went to the drive-thru to pick them up. They had a young clueless girl I have never seen there before working the window. She was obviously unhappy and made no effort to be helpful. After sitting in my car holding the line up for what seemed like forever, she came back to the window and told me to come in the store as they had lost my prescriptions. I went inside and stood there for 30 minutes while they at first tried to find the prescriptions, then gave up and refilled them. Everyone behind the counter, other than the pharmacist, had a bad attitude, and not one apologized for messing the order up, or at least wasting my time.
    I will head to Wal-Mart next, at least I can get groceries if I have to wait there.