Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jul 10, 2012.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

A first I got excited, but then I thought I misread it... its only if you use the credit card, not the prepaid gift card? I know you can still get the 3 cents off a gallon on the prepaid gift card from in the store, and the same follows true that the one at 40/42 doesn't honor that program either.

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the prepaid gift card. There are 2 stickers on the pumps. 1 is for 15 cents discount per gallon and the other is 10 cents discount per gallon. I stopped reading when I saw 15 cents discount with WalMart credit card. I got a Wally World Credit Card several years ago just for Murphy Gas. Much more convenient for me. I hate to purchase prepaid gift cards. With credit card I pay at least 30 days later plus I don't have to go inside Wally World to purchase the prepaid card and then go back to Murphy. Just my 2 cents worth!

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

and what will we do? print more money to make it worse.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what your comment has to do the price of gas, discounts at Murphy, etc. Carry on!

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

many on here probably don't

6. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

They are taking 10 cents off on the prepaid cards. It was a pleasant surprise yesterday when thinking I'd save 3 cents that the pump read I was saving 10cents by using prepaid card.

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

So I'm saving a whole $1.60 per tank when filling up my vehicle, which means that with me getting 1.5-2 weeks worth of driving out of a tank full I would be saving a whole $41 to $55 dollars a year, assuming it was/is convient for me to stop there every single time and didn't cost me extra time or gas to get there to save the $1.60 per tank full.

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

If they are giving that discount that means they are making 20 cents a gallon. They should be charging less period. If I need to get a prepaid card for something they should give anyway then I will go to sheetz.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It's the prepaid gift card and the credit card, and it has to be a Murphy USA not a Murphy Express. Murphy USA is at the Walmart on 70 in Clayton.

http://www.wral.com/5onyourside/smartshopper/blogpost/11491905/

I don't know if I am going to do this today, or buy four boxes of cereal at Lowe's Foods and get .20 cents off. Depends on the price of cereal and what kinds of coupons I have, really.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

On another note......it kills me when people will drive 5-10 miles out of the way to save .04 cents a gallon.

Based on the .04 cent per gallon savings here is the math.

16 gallon tank x .04 = .64 cents in savings.

16.7 miles per gallon (highway) means I burn a third of a gallon in 5 miles or two thirds of a gallon for the 10 mile trip.

At $2.74 per gallon the 5 mile trip will cost me .91 and the 10 mile trip costs me $1.83 all to save .64 cents on a full 16 gallons of gas.

And I see people do it every day.

11. ServerSnapper

I prefer sheetz because my sheetz card gives me discounts across the board. My smokes are 3.00 a pack with my card. 3.64 to 4.70 at all other places. It's not just about the gas for me.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

buy the smokes by the carton & you'll save even more $$

oh and gas around me ranges from $3.71 (when i filled up yesterday) to $3.80 :?

13. Cleopatra

I got gas for 3.60 a gallon at Murphy USA. Then I went shopping at Lowe's Foods and earned .50 off per gallon. My husband will use that to fill his tank, he uses more gas than I do.

See the little arrow, the tank is on the driver's side.

[​IMG]

3.60 a gallon, with my reloadable Walmart Christmas Story gift card.

[​IMG]

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I thought you lived at Myrtle Beach beach? I've never seen a Sheetz in South Carolina.

15. Cleopatra

Me either, but I've seen some bullsheetz

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

LOL.. not the first time I've heard crickets lately!

:popcorn:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol: I'm trying to figure out why he is so worried about saving a few pennies on gas or cigs when he can afford Jeeps and sports cars...........oh and AIRPLANES. :jester:

18. ServerSnapper

You don't live AT anything. You live IN somewhere. I also have a life after 5.

19. ServerSnapper

Cluck cluck cluck.....cluck cluck.........

[​IMG]

20. ServerSnapper

I bet it's not. Especially with the whips and chains flopping around everywhere.