Racial Balance in the classroom

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bubba, Aug 28, 2012.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

you lose

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Oh, gee, my life is over (again). What will I do?

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

LOL......don't be butthurt over your ambiguity. But since we are now talking about the US, I would still subscribe to the idea that low income/educated areas are filled with the most crime.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So Cliffy, let me get this straight:

You don't think areas with low HS graduation rates in the US equate to higher crime and higher welfare rates? Seriously?

I would honestly like to see the statistics that make you think that.

5. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

Getting back to the original post . . . I do not know if it is a written policy but according to my kids' ex-principal, it is the county's policy that classes in elementary schools be balanced in all ways possible - gender, race, intellect.

Makes no sense to me and is one reason I had so many problems with my kids' ex-principal as well as the Superintendent and the School Board. Teachers can in no way focus on the needs of all their students when they have so many needs in their classrooms. So there are groups that get left behind, overlooked, not worried about.

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Thank your fellow democrats for no child left behind. Now smart students are held back by dumb ones who get all the attention and slow the class down. Now you have teachers who devote their time with IEP programs for these kids who simply can't learn at an advanced level therefore hindering those who normally excel to be mediocre. Bleeding hearts cause mass bleeding so parents wear a rubber!

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

There are no statistics proving that, only the exact opposite. Many statistics that make up a whole, and are then published in a study... like the one I posted a few pages back. Or this one - http://emlab.berkeley.edu/~moretti/lm46.pdf

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
    Samuel Clemens

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers:
    Honestly, it's common sense. But some folk would argue with a fence post no matter how many times they are proven wrong just because. :lol:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Then come up with something other than statments you've pulled out of your *** and maybe they will be considered. Just sayin'

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

"Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge."

Mark Twain

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

With all that money you have you would think you could buy a clue, that law was introduced by the current Speaker of the House and signed into law with great ceremony by Bush the 43rd.

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Please refer to my post where I linked three pages of data to back up my statement.

Something you have yet to do.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:

15. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.

Robert Frost

He who opens a school door, closes a prison.

Victor Hugo

I can do this all day....I guess it's my education with a twist of Google

16. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Now wait a minute. I thought that was George W. Bush that did that. It was his first "decision" as president.

Yep, my memory serves well...

Reference:
    http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/overview/intro/factsheet.html

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I wasn't wrong yesterday. I just didn't know at the time that you wanted the data to be so restricted that it fit your preconceptions.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

And I was happy to educate him on it! :jester:

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You're welcome.

BTW, be careful of all that misspelling. People might think you have little education and start watching for you to commit a crime.

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

There are a lot of idiots that don't commit crimes. But there are a lot more criminals that are idiots.