What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Feeling uninspired yesterday, I googled "what's for dinner"

I found this http://www.whatsfordinner.net/ and made this http://www.whatsfordinner.net/Tuna-Casserole.html and it was pretty good.

Right now I have this http://www.whatsfordinner.net/Enchilada-Casserole.html in the oven, but I forgot to put the sour cream in. No matter, it's still good and you can just dollop sour cream on top.

I like this site, how it does the calculations per serving for you and the shopping list is handy,

Some of these are kind of bland, but you can pep them up and modify. Like the tuna casserole, I added crushed red pepper and topped with italian bread crumbs. And the enchilada casserole, I used ground pork and added Adobo and rolled it up in flour tortillas and topped with remaining filling and cheese.

I am making this later in the week http://www.whatsfordinner.net/Italian-Skillet.html but I am using kielbasa (on sale @ FL right now 2/5$) and serving with rice.

So what are you making for dinner?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

LaGuardia sandwich shop

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Character's Quarters

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure I don't want you to define "had"! :jester:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We had tacos.................again, LOL

6. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Pancakes @ home!

7. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Stir fry with shiritaki noodles.

(If you've never had them, they are 0 fat, 0 carb, 100% veggie and very filling. Asian food market)

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Turkey cabbage bake. And it was soooo good!

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Peaches, where is the Asian Food Market?

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Grilled pork loin filet (Mequite flavored) added my 'rub' to it - it was delicious!
    BOGO @ Food Lion this past week.

Now to figure out what to have tonight with the chicken I've thawing.......:confused:

11. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

There is an Asian Market by Crossroads, on Buck Jones Rd. It's in the same strip as Burlington Coat Factory and Tuesday Morning.

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Salmon Pie - Made from canned Salmon
    (I know it looks like cat food when you open the can.)

2 cans Salmon
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    lg onion chopped fine
    bread crumbs
    seafood seasoning

Make it like a meat loaf,
    cook in oven in a #8 cast iron frying pan (Spray w/ PAM)

Excellent!!!

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Smells like it too. :ack:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I make salmon patties similar to that once every couple of years. I only do it when DH is out of town, he does't like it, LOL. I don't really care for it either, but reminds me of home. ; )

15. CraigSPL

Ate them as a kid and didn't like them....can't stand them at all now and won't touch salmon unless it's served uncooked in sushi.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I like it if it's whole fish and fresh. I make a killer teriyaki honey salmon on the grill.

Now as far as fish goes my favorite is trout, Sat we caught some Rainbows and fried 'em up for dinner. YUM!!!! I brought six of them home for the freezer. :jester:

17. CraigSPL

only way I eat fish is sushi with one exception and that would be to make tuna salad from canned tuna.

18. Cleopatra

Salmon patties were a staple in my house as a kid. I make them once in a while, but nobody else really likes them. They can have a sandwich.

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I will be the bigger person and keep my comments to a minimum.

20. Cleopatra

Too late.