Racial Balance in the classroom

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bubba, Aug 28, 2012.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i see it. she originally responded to SS. in post 145, you clearly quoted her stating that she didn't say it wasn't bush, then clearly questioned her on it (her: i didn't say that. you: are you messing with me?) by reposting her response to SS along with your quote above it to which he had responded. she tried to straighten you out in post 146, then used huge bold letters to restate what she had already posted but which you can't seem to understand.

you. still. refuse. to. answer. my. simple. question: who is the "you" in that line of your previous post "you still say it wasn't bush"?

give it up clif. you misread something. ***. do you not have anything better to do? you must realize by now you're the only one who doesn't get this particular point of the conversation. if you don't, you're just plain dim. the only other possibility is that you DO get it, but are just enjoying the sport of playing stupid.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

What do you mean "yet to be explained"? Do y'all pick and choose which posts of mine you read?

I never challenged her on that. No where at all.

The "you", since you can't seem to understand simple context, was the one and only person in this whole thread who said that it was liberals in general (and later Clinton specifically) who brought forth the idea of No Child Left Behind.

I do apologize for presuming that the people of this forum had a reading level above second grade and could understand that when I say "you, who said it was liberals..." did not mean in any way shape or form to reference anyone who did not say it was liberals.

You see, this is what I don't understand. How you (by "you", in this context, I refer to all the posters who seem to think that I was accusing kdc1970 of saying that liberals came up with the idea of "No Child Left Behind") could presume, no matter my repeated insistence to the contrary, that I was referring to kdc1970 when I said "...and you still say it wasn't Bush." It is absolutely bizarre to me that y'all think that now or yesterday. (and by "y'all" I again refer to those who think that I was ever accusing kdc1970 of saying it wasn't Bush who came up with "No Child Left Behind".) Even after breaking down the post, almost to the individual word, to show that this was never my intent.

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

The problem is not Cliff and SS period. It's KDC's overzealous attempt to clearly try to belittle and antagonize. You lose fatso. Put that on your plate and sniff on it.

4. dangerboy

forget it. sorry to disturb you clif

[​IMG]

in response to some pm's, for clarification purposes, this is a hamster in a wheel getting caught up in the momentum and finally being flung out of the wheel. i believed this to be a perfect metaphor for how i felt having participated in this conversation when i posted it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

define "one" cause it can be a fatty...

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Back to the topic......

When I look for a school I look for the following:

Safety
    Certified Teachers
    Educational Standards
    Ability to push students academically
    Ability to teach students on all levels

Those are just a few things I look for. I don't care if my child is in a class with all Asians as long as she is learning to her ability and beyond.

I had some problems with the the JCSB for censorship on books and speech but we worked around that.

Accomplishments:

Loads of kids from Clayton High get into the North Carolina School of Science and Math

Children have the ability to get into the Duke TIP program at an early age, which leads to scholarships and higher learning.

The kids have the ability to take college courses while in high school and they do transfer. A friend of my daughter's scored the highest ever in Johnston County (not sure how she scored statewide or nationally), received a full scholarship, was able to graduate early due to all the courses she took at Clayton High and is now in medical school.

My daughter was told by her college counselor that she could graduate early (she's a Junior in college) but she wants to graduate with her class and study for the LSAT, she wants to finish off at Duke or Georgetown. Duke will give her a scholarship due to her academics and being a Duke TIP student.

We have both good and bad in all school systems but I believe we have safe schools and teachers who enjoy what they do. It not only takes teachers but parents to help in this process.

She had kids of all nationalities in her classes and they worked well together. She had students of all financial backgrounds and they worked through it.

I brought my child up to understand that she was no different than anyone else. The most important things to me are honesty, manners, respect for everyone and that is a parent's responsibility to teach those items.

Don't get me wrong, my daughter is no angel. I'm surprised as heck that I raised a kid who was discrete on her indiscretions.

I've met some of the kids whose parents are frequent users of 4042 and am proud of each I've met. My daughter has met some of these same users and no matter what political party they belong to she finds something she likes about each one (go figure) :lol:.

Sorry this was so long but I just wanted to show some of the good things about our school system. Do I think they always make the right choices, no, but pushy parents can figure it out.

Sherry

7. dangerboy

that's good stuff, sherry

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I think part of the problem is in Johnston COunty you don't get to look for a school unless you opt to pay for it (by tuition or gas in driving to a charter)
    JC Schools have the motto--you get what you get and don't pitch a fit. Wake county certainly has its flaws but there are so many options of you aren't happy with your school. I am on the other hand relagated to which side of Cornwallis Road my house is on.

I would look for a school that is safe--the elem I am districted for in my opinion and from my experience was not safe--but I am out of luck because of my address so now I pay tuition for one and homeschool another.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

When I buy/rent a house the most important items I look for are safety in the neighborhood and schools.

Sherry

11. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

When did JoCo stop letting you transfer your kids. I was told this year I could apply for a transfer if I did not want my child to stay in the school he was in. But I would have to provide the transportation for him and have sufficient reason to move him, not just because some one told me something bad about the school.

12. Emma Caroline

I don't mean to go tit for tat but I bought my house based in large part on the school. My kids started there then were redistricted. The first school is closer and is where I wanted my kids, but I dont have a choice to go there. Should I have to move? Then what about high school? I like my middle and high school-just not the elem. I can't keep moving and I will at one point have one in each school. Where should I live then? My point to your comment is we don't have any choice or get to look for the school that fis our children's needs. I solved my problem at my expense. One in public middle, one homeschooled for two years- he will go the public middle next year and one In private school. I am the type of parent who does not expect the school to do it all. I want to work with them to educate my boys but JC schools don't seem to give an inch. Each of my kids have different needs and I am doing all I can to meet them. I just wish the school system had some flexibility and options.

13. Emma Caroline

You can apply but if the school you want is capped you will not get the transfer. I had court documented safety issues and did not get a transfer. No other reason thAn the school was capped. Also you can only ask for one transfer at once and when the first was denied ( I applied in January ans was not given an answer until May). I was told I had missed the deadline to try for another school.