Where to buy used office furniture?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pbarefoot, Sep 11, 2012.

1. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

Hello:

I am in need of good used office furniture. Will need several items for a professional office. Any suggestions on where to shop? I realize I will need to go into Raleigh, so any suggestions on where to look are much appreciated. I know about the following stores but thought I would see if anyone can think of one not on this list:

CORT office furniture
    Creedeco
    Storr office furniture

Thanks so much!!

PB

2. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

I used to work at Storr many moon ago, and they always had a large selection of gently used furniture. I know you were looking for other suggestions, but I thought I would contribute with an opinion.

3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

can''t remember the web site but, North Carolina surplus state auction, should get you started.

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

There are a few places on Capital Blvd., just inside the beltline, I think. But they may be some of the ones you mentioned..??

Also, I went to a place in Goldsboro looking for filing cabinets a few years ago. Very helpful, friendly and LOTS to choose from. They do auctions but also sell their used office furniture on a daily basis. Here is the website:
    http://www.clarkauctioninc.info/OFFICE_FURNITURE_SALES.php

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

my company has bought slightly used office furniture from a place on Noblin Rd. in Raleigh. Can't think of the name of the place though.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I bought all of my office furniture from Whitley Galleries in Zebulon.
    My office is "Hooker" brand
    DH's is something different I can't remember.

What are you looking for exactly? I have an armoire that wont fit upstairs that is gonna have to go. We bought that piece unfinished and painted it black, it looks awesome!

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

"Pimp" brand? :jester:

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

No, but that would be funny. :lol:

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I dont know if it's still there, but Aaron Rents and Sells used to be over there. Is that the one?

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That's it.