Notre Dame coming to ACC

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Sep 12, 2012.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Great for the ACC

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Everything except football, which makes it a non-event for most sports fans just like it was when they went to the Big East.

They have had some success in soccer and and have an OK basketball program.

I guess the 5 games/year against the ACC is better than nothing. It will always be a sold out stadium for the home team. I'd rather see them than The Citadel. I just wonder if it will be Florida State, Va Tech and Clempsun with everyone else trying to outbid for the other two games every year.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

The ACC will dictate who ND plays from the ACC each year. You can bet it will rotational.

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

How can they do that? It seems like you either are a part of the ACC or not. I don't see how that will come to be. Not without football.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I am sure ND will eventually be all in when the NBC contract comes up. It is likely their way of not missing the major conference boat by essentially reserving a seat while they still have the big draw. If the NBC money train goes kaput then they have a back up plan.

I am a long time ND football fan and I don't like the move. It is either in a conference or not in a conference as far as I am concerned.

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

This is a monumental moment because I agree with this. This is a good move for both ....but more than likely a precursor to them joining full time.

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree: