looking for a place to hunt

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Aug 11, 2011.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Season is right around the corner, and I'm not sure where to go. I
    'd like to go somewhere in Johnston county, andbe permitted to bring my best bud from PA on the property.(experienced woodsman)...also looking to get my daughter into hunting, so private land would be best. Would anyone happen to have a farm/acreage where they'd allow this to happen? And I'm sure we can come to an agreement for payment/work/venison.
    Please pm me if anyone could help out. Looking to hunt small game, deer, turkey.

George

2. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

I wish you the best! thats why i hunt near Centerville in Franklin Co, and near Rich Square in Northampton Co,

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yeah Good Luck, we have a few spots but lands drying up around here. FAST.

<note to self, buy some land>

4. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Posting this again in hopes of someone sharing some info/or land. I would like to get my daughter into hunting, and my best bud from PA who taught me mostly everything I know about the sport, would like to hunt in NC this fall. The dates are yet TBD, but likely the week of Thanksgiving (Friday before till Wed) and that is likely all the time I'd have to hunt, except for perhaps a spare saturday. So if you know of any landowners who permit hunting, or perhaps go to a place (even if you lease it, perhaps we can sub lease per day/deer) I would appreciate the help. I work nearly 60 hrs a week on a 4 day work week (well it's supposed to be only 4 days) so I don't have much time to go looking around unfortunately. I will be knockin on doors soon, hoping to not get shot myself. LOL

Thanks in Advance!

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Here is an absurd Idea. We have so many people waiting on death row to be executed. Lets do something like the movie "the running man". Fence in the gameland, put in the death row prisoners. and let the hunters do what they like doing. And if the prisoner can survive they get out of jail. I think something like that was a premise of an episode of Gilligan's Island

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Actually, while that may be true, it was based on a classic short story (turned movie) called "The Most Dangerous Game".

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

yes i quoted myself. :lol:

Like PRM mentioned, go to the game land. You can find locations in the 2012 hunting book or on the internetS.

Since we've moved we are still going to hunt the other *spots* we have been given permission to hunt on, we are hoping for a good season since DH didn't shoot not ONE deer last year, I rely on that food source for us and Buddy throughout the year.

Good Luck this year!!