Publix - there is hope!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

One of the things we miss most about FL is Publix. Always an excellent deli, seafood, and good prices.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

4. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

:) We used to shop at Publix. My Husband still tells me he's going to Publix to pick up a few things. I tell him it's a little too far away. :lol: He really means Lowes Foods.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I use to love shopping at Publix when I lived in Florida. When I go back to visit family I still make it a point to go to a Publix.

I had to go and even post that link to a facebook page I belong to for bringing Publix to NC

Bring PUBLIX to NC

6. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

i love their pressed subs. when we went to florida in 2010 we got one when we got there and one when we left. i wish they would get one close to smithfield/clayton/garner. we need other stores than multiple food lions.

7. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

:)

I lived in FL for 20+ years. Not only do I miss Publix, but I miss their holiday commercials. I still have the Thanksgiving and Christmas dishes :)

Now, I feel the need to either A. Move to Charlotte, or B. start a letter writing campaign to have them consider 4042!

8. AnnetteL

Couldn't agree more!

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would trade 2 Food Lions and a Lowes Food for 1 Publix!

10. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

OK, I dont get out much so pardon my ignorance....but what is so great about Publix? Better prices or just a much better selection? I have never seen a Publix... sheltered life I guess... :)

11. AnnetteL

I agree! Plus a Wegman's would be nice too!

12. AnnetteL

Better selection for sure!

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

It's like comparing a Food Lion to a Lowes Food or Harris Teeter or Kroger...the Food Lion just can't compare .