Johnston County Rumors We Hear..... Red Garden Depot? UPDATED

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Passing along the latest info we hear that is circulating on the streets of Johnston County:

1. Red Lobster - coming to Smithfield
    2. Olive Garden - coming to Smithfield
    3. Home Depot - planning for one in McGee's Crossroads (50/210)

More when we know it! 8)

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

All the retail news I hear is that Red Lobster / Olive Gardens will be under one roof to save money

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well you figure Smithfield is right there on I-95 a major north south route. I bet they will put the Olive Garden and Red Lobster in the same area as the new Golden Corral.

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Home Depot can stay away !!!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So you want to keep your friends and neighbors away from job opportunities?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting!
    Is there a time frame yet for any of these?

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Great....just what we need another combined resturant that is good at one thing or another or totally sucks at both at the same time.

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i vote the latter on this one. olive garden is no better than le menu, and red lobster won't fry anything wth?

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Olive Garden is horribly overpriced for mediocre food in my opinion. I feel the same about Red Lobster. I've only ever eaten at one that is consistently good and it is in Roanoke VA. The ones here are pretty awful. Which makes zero sense.

That said, to each their own and I will probably try them should they actually open.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Not sure what town it was, but I hit three major chain resturants one evening and after 5 minutes of being ignored at each, I sucked it up and went to the Red Lobster. I got attention out the wazoo and the food wasn't bad either.

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Nah, just want to keep the competition out, lol. I LOVE LOWES :)

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

if it helps people with employment, good.

otherwise....:ack: on all of them.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree:

14. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Ditto, Need that LIKE Button for the :ack: face.

15. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

16. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

More info blowing in off the street - the word is that Pep Boys may be settling in at the corner of Shotwell and Hwy 70 in Clayton!

17. CraigSPL

just what Clayton needs....another autoparts store. How about they put a Drafthouse there instead.

18. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Pep Boys has about 3 to 4 times the amount of stuff that the other auto parts stores have. I look forward to seeing them open a store closer to us. This way I don't have to drive all the way out to Garner to go to their store.

19. CraigSPL

Still it is just another parts store here in Clayton when you already have Oreilly's, Autozone, Advance Auto, CarQuest/Napa (all within a half mile of each other) not too mention the mom and pop place Discount Auto Parts on mainstreet.

Yeah we really need that sixth store just in case we can't find something at the first 5 or at the Walmart.....:roll:

20. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

The same can be said about gas stations, restaurants and fast food joints...

We live in a life of variety for the most part...