Public Voting at Elementary School while school is in session

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kidsfly, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

For the record, I agree with you on this.

They should simply call an "in service" day. They do now and the drop of a hat anyway.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I think schools should be closed on election day. Those in high school should help at the polls and such and get credit at school. This might get kids more interested in the voting process and voting at schools would not be an issue.

Sherry

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And I thought I was overprotective. Good grief.

4. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

LOL. Guilty as charged.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I get it, I really do, but this is one of those things that's going to happen when your kids go to public schools. Bad stuff can happen any time at all, but I think voters are probably at the bottom of my concern list.

:cheers:

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

they shouldn't be at the bottom of your list... Obama was voted in. Now that's been plenty to be concerned about.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

exactly.

the ding dang folks in carpool lines used to frighten me the most. I have never seen so many dumb people all lined up together.... I am so glad I am done with that.

voters are definitely the least of my worries as well. And like I stated, the voters are NOT ALLOWED into the school. they have secured doors from inside and outside the gyms.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers: Definitely on the carpool people. I had to give it up becasue my blood pressure couldn't handle the sheer number of idiots!

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Oh really?

[​IMG]

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol:

11. BuzzMyMonkey

Why you still here ?

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same reason you are I reckon.

13. BuzzMyMonkey

hope your blood pressure is good...

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks for your "concern". :lol: However misplaced.

15. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Same thing here, although that was only about 20 years ago for me. In NJ it was always done in grade schools as far as I can remember. Last time I voted in NJ about 6 years ago it was still in a grade school.

What's the issue with this?

16. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Maybe there is something to be said about putting them on the bus! :jester: I know..I know...whole other conversation..

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member