Cleveland Pop Warner at ramp on 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AWmom, Sep 29, 2012.

1. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

I can't believe that players, cheerleaders, and parents are out asking for donations at this intersection. It is so dangerous for these kids to be out there. Some kids were going out into the road between cars, trucks, tractor trailers (without parents). . . absolutely ridiculous. Be careful out there kiddos!

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Not to mention that the "homeless" people that solicit there probably don't like the competition.

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I stopped and told one lady it was unsafe for them, particularly the children, to be in the road, and then I called the Sheriff's department. I don't think ANY body raising funds should be allowed in the road, but when you STUPID people start sending your kids out there, you ought be locked up for child endangerment.

That's right, I'm the crotchety old man that stopped and told you to get the kids out of the road.

That's right, I called you STUPID!!!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

WTH is wrong with people these days? The person who decided that it was ok for the kids to be out in the road collecting money is a total idiot.

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I wonder if that's why I saw the Gutter Guy at 319??

6. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

On top of all that.... It was raining! And none of the kids had hats, coats, rain coat, or anything to keep them warm.... So come tomorrow I wonder how many kids will be out of school.. SMH I paid them no mind yesterday.. Just thought how crazy they are. But I did see a JCSO in Mc D's parking lot but I don't think they made them do anything.

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

They are right back out there today.

8. ncgal

ncgal Well-Known Member

I can't believe that they think this is a good idea! We drove past them today as small children were walking between the lanes of cars. We drive a truck and the driver could not see them! And why would the sheriff's department allow it?

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I was up there too, and thought for sure that some of them were going to get hit by a car. They were scattered and running on all sides of the 4 corners. With not much supervision!!!! Stupid parents, really, to allow their kids to do that!!!!

10. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

Absolutely ridiculous Pop Warner!

11. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Contact info

I looked up their contact info and plan to email them about this. If anyone else is interested in sending along their thoughts:

Darren Long, Commissioner
    clevelandpopwarner@gmail.com
    919-815-1550

Chuck Chadwick, Vice Commissioner,
    coach.chuck@yahoo.com
    919-749-7457

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

y'all are funny. :lol:

13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You really think pop-warner has control of what their coaches, players families do? Think again. My kids play for Cary Pop Warner. I've never seen or heard of a request for a money drive like this from coaches nor Pop-Warner.

This is strictly parenting and coaches. Don't lump pop-warner in it unless there were multiple teams out there raising money. I have not seen these details yet. So what are the details? One team? multiple....Hook a brother up with some knowledge.

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

The team has been selected to play at the ESPN Center in Orlando for a televised event in November. They have to raise a lot of money (thousands, don't remember exact number) and if they don't, they get a big fine and are banned for the next 3 years...I talked to one of the sets of parents on Sunday. I was not at 40/42, and did not see any of these kids, so I can't comment on that. But it doesn't sound very safe.....My son knows one of the boys on the team. They are very excited about the opportunity, but are having a hard time gathering the funds. That's all I know. 8)

15. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I agree, that was the most idiotic attempt at fundraising for a children's sports team I have ever seen. When we were up there, one of the kids was on the bridge over I-40...there's just not a whole lot of room on that busy road anyway, and then to be on the bridge. I think the whole lot of them should be brought up on child endangerment charges. And maybe they should try actually working for the money, instead of begging. Just sayin'.

16. elims

elims Well-Known Member

FINED and BANNED if they don't raise enough money - thousands of dollars??? Freakin' heck, what kind of organization is this??

17. ServerSnapper

Pop Warner is like organized Little League Baseball that has it's world series on TV every year. Very organized.

18. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

It's kind of hard to not "lump pop Warner" in this when that IS what's on the jersey!!! I don't know what the details are by any means. Regardless of the details the fact is that young children are on the busy road asking for money! Absolutely dangerous!

19. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Rake some leaves, wash some cars, wash some windows, paint some one's fence,... learn the value and reap the benefit of hard work.

20. ServerSnapper

Well. Most of these kids have been raised with instant gratification by asking and getting immediately. Thanks to Parents who would rather appease than promote a work ethic.