Neuse Charter School

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cathy0517, Oct 2, 2012.

1. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

I have seen the previous posts about the school but I would like some parents of current students feedback. I am going to tour the school next week but I would like to hear parents point of view also.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

ask dangerboy. He'll have all the information needed.

Sherry

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

thanks for the plug, and i can answer some questions, but i'd be interested to see any current parent feedback as well...

4. cathy0517

My daughter is in 10th grade, I just want to make sure that this will be the right choice for her. She is an honor student but is overwhelmed with the large class sizes at her current school. We have set up a tour of the school but I really wanted that parental feedback.

5. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

This is only our second year at NCS, but we LOVE it! It is such a night-and-day difference from the experience we had at the JC public schools. My oldest is in middle so I do not know how the high school is, but judging from elementary and middle, I think it would be great.

So far we have had no issue that has not been addressed. We find that a lot more is expected from the students, and the teachers my kids have had have been great about working with me to meet their needs. So has the administration. I also find that parental involvement is so much greater, which I think is needed in order for kids to be successful in school.

NCS is not perfect but it is working wonderfully for my children. I tell everyone I know how much we love being there and encourage them to look into it for their children.

Good luck with your decision!

6. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

This is our 1st year, our child is on the 4th grade, and is being pushed more academically then when he was in public school which is great. He seems to enjoy it socially and nothing but raves about his teachers. We have had no problems in the time we have been there so far. We just need to find a carpool partner.

7. cathy0517

Took a tour of the school today and met some of the staff. We liked what we have seen so far.
    Thank you to those that shared their experiences. Anyone else have any opions to share?

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

it's really a good school, but it ain't perfect as they say. go in with the realization that you are essentially going to be helping build a school with your attendance. be ready to volunteer, be ready to come with solutions for every complaint. you will have a much greater opportunity to affect change and support alternatives than at a traditional system school. for me, that's been the best part. every problem that you persist through results in you and your kids being in a better position down the road. it's sometimes hard to get people to grasp this in the middle of an issue.

9. cathy0517

That is pretty much what I understand after speaking with the staff. Thank you for your input.

10. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Does anyone live in the Flowers/Archer Lodge/East Clayton area that drives to Neuse? I would like to send my son there but I have to be at work in Raleigh at 8 AM.