Paint job for truck?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Oct 4, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Just called Maaco to get a price for a complete paint job for a F-250,$600 and up,didn't think it would be that much!
    Any recommendations for another place that does paint jobs?
    Thanks!

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You can probably get that cut by a third if you have a bed liner.

A lot of the cost of painting a truck is the fact that the bed takes extra care (and an extra coat or two).

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

$600 for an F-250? Thats a very reasonable price. Most decent body shops around here would be $1500 and up easily.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

600 is DIRT cheap. But you will get what you pay for. They paint over imperfections etc. You will not find a cheaper place. The paint job on my 2 seater was 7 thousand dollars and it is WHITE!!!

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Putting this one in the ServerSnapper archive for use later. :lol:

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Half a dozen cans of Krylon will only cost you about $25. [​IMG]

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

THAT IS CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!!!

They paited DH's work van a few years ago, had a guy slam into the back of him and we put some $ towards it and had the whole van painted for $1100. It still looks decent.

I wouldn't let them paint my 4Runner tho. :lol:

8. AnnetteL

Thanks for the reality check everyone!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Annette, we went thru the same thing last year, i spent days running around getting estimates and they were outrageous. We ended up going to Maaco in Raleigh and they repaired a couple of dents, repaired scratches and painted the whole thing red, which i learned is one of the most expensive colors, we went with the mid line job that comes with a 5 year warranty and we couldn't be happier with the job, people were amazed when we told them maaco did it. We paid $2k for everything.

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

In more ways than one. Cops tend to give out more speeding tickets to red cars (vs white or grey).

11. ServerSnapper

Dude it's true. House of color 3 stage paint process with genuine pearl flakes. Then the person who sprays has to know how to paint or has the equipment to paint real pearl. This is cheap compared to some paint jobs. Know what you talk about before chiming in. This ain't walmart paint grandpa. Half the cost was labor!!

12. ServerSnapper

13. AnnetteL

Thanks for posting Kaci!

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member