What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Sep 5, 2012.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Terrafin Stations Lobster n' Shrimp Mac and Cheese is wonderful!! They make it in a 5 cheese sauce. The time to go try it is on Wednesday for dinner, on Wednesdays Pasta dishes are all 25% off.

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Tonight I am taking my wife to Rioz right across from Broadway. It is the best Brazillian Steakhouse I have ever been to.

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Mmmm, looks as though she has him trained...

Whats the old saying Reading IS comprehension...

4. ServerSnapper

NOT if you understood the context. Go suck down that ensure!

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

NC shrimp, cole slaw, tater salad, hushpuppies, iced tea. NLO

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

How was this? I think my family would like it... well most of us, the others can have a sandwich.

7. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

It was good - pretty spicy! It makes a lot, so you'll likely have lots of leftovers. My only complaint was that it was a little too creamy/sticky for me - if that's possible. It calls for two cans of cream of chicken soup so I was thinking of cutting that down to 1 next time but wasn't sure if that would affect the noodles cooking.

8. ServerSnapper

I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired of fast food. I don't even like going to nice restaurants anymore because everything just doesn't seem to satisfy like eating at home.

I am looking for a recipe for a certain casserole. Chile Rellanos. I want the casserole not the stuffed poblano. I can get that from any Mexican restaurant.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I bet Sunday & Monday everyone will be cooking Chili or Chicken Noodle Soup or Chicken Pastry. it's gonna be COLD!!! :ack:

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I will NOT be cooking anything....I will be in St. Croix, the Virgin Islands.

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

11. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Check out Allrecipes.com. They have a recipe for Chile Rellanos Casserole, with rave reviews. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chili-...serole&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

12. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

There are a bunch of variations on allrecipes. I picked one, but there are others if you scroll down the page to the end of this recipe. Might try it on Sunday. :cheers:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chili-...serole&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't like you anymore. :mrgreen:

14. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wish there was a decent Cuban restaurant in the area. I miss my black beans and rice, plantains, fried yuca, and some authentic Cuban coffee.

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I suppose it depend on what you mean by "area". Near me, there is a Cuban restaurant. Not sure how authentic it is (it's the only Cuban food I've had), but it's darn tasty.

It's Caribbean Cafe and it's located at the corner of Millbrook and Hargrove on the north side of Raleigh.

(Yeah, I know it says "Carribean" but look at the menu)

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Do you ever work?

17. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Enjoy!

Dinner here was Carolina Packers hotdogs with chili and cole slaw, washed down with a Sierra Mist.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

20. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I just went online and printed off about a dozen crock pot recipes, need to make dinnertime easier with sports and homework getting in the way all the time!