Washer Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ForeverFaithful, Oct 5, 2012.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

My washers tranmission is frozed up and will need a new motor! A new one will cost around $300 or so. Anyone know someone that I might be able to get a used one from? Saw on craigslist where someone was selling used motors for like $40, and they were in the Fuquay area. He is listed as a "dealer", but not sure if it is real or not. HELP!!!!!!!!!! We can't afford a new washer. The warranty is out on the one we have and it is only a few years old!!! I have a Maytag Centinnel (sp).

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Call Bobby Ross. He has been repairing appliances in the Clayton area for 50+ years. Honest and reasonable. Stewart's Appliance & Gas Company
    (919) 553-6205

3. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Don't know if Bobby is back to work just yet. He was recently hospitalized with heart problems. I believe someone said he had by-pass surgery.

4. Leixlip

Leixlip Active Member

Trust me, not worth buying a transmission new or used. Put the money into a decent used Maytag.

5. GrinderNC

GrinderNC Guest

I second this. I put a transmission in our GE a few years ago. Now it won't spin out large load. GE is crap.

6. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Bobby is who we usually use for things, but he did just get home from the hospital after 5 bypass surgerys. I talked to him on the phone for over 30 mins the other day. Plus he said he was not able to work on the type of washer we have (the ones with the sensors, etc).

This really sucks considering the washer is not that old. Always seems to happen, after the warranty expires things go to heck in a handbasket. Maytag is "suppose" to be products. UGH....I guess for a while, my daughter is going to get to see a lot of her mom. LOL