Halloween costumes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Oct 9, 2012.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

What's yours (or your kids if you won't dress up)? One kid is a Hobo and the other will be a Steeler player. Me, A Replacement Referee. EPIC! :jester:

2. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

My 1 1/2 yr old is going to be Elvis! Now I just gotta find a way to give him some sideburns.

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

You've GOTTA share pics of that!!!

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Gonna wrap myself in foil and become a wad of used chewing gum or a Tea Partier.

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Great thread and we must see a pic of that Elvis. I'm not sure what mine will be yet. My one son wants to be a pirate since his prosthetist said he'd make him a peg leg. Grind it down out of a baseball bat. Nice, huh? LOL. Trouble is, I don't think he'd make it with the hills here. Most of mine just want to go as basic scary stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary right now...thank goodness for mom! My husband has always wanted them to go in the Thing 1, 2, 3. etc. t-shirts. I told him that's mean & the kids would never live it down. So now it's more of a joke. We're actually getting a bin of costumes out today and seeing what we can come up with. Anyone have some unique ideas??

Stephanie-- mom to 10

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Actually, considering you'd have (potentially) 10 "Things", it would be quite funny. :) But only if you (or more likely hubby) would go as the Cat.

7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

ha,, more like the occupy wall street bunch.. wrapped up laying around in some park

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well, in that case i would be Hashesh, boy I think I just dated myself, but it is a really flexable costume! :jester:

9. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I'm sure my oldest won't participate in Halloween, although he did go to school wearing a toga today for Homecoming week! My younger son wants to be an army man; already picked up a set of fatigues at the thrift store and he will just wear his boots...still looking for a real army cap, though. One daughter will be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader; have pom-poms and white boots, waiting on the costume from e-bay. And her twin is going to be a WWE Diva...minus the TINY costume; picked up a very flashy old dance costume at the thrift store. Gonna cut the legs off shorter and put on some WWE and Diva patches. She already has a WWE Championship belt, so we just need some sort of high-top boots or those really high Converse looking shoes. Pretty easy this year, thank goodness!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I usually dress up in a Richard Nixon mask with a prison suit on.

Sherry

11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Upgrade and get with the here and now...

An Obama mask with a dunce cap on his head.

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I have three sons, and they were talking about going as the three stooges, which we all thought would be really cute (they love the movie)...but my little guys wants to be spiderman...again...for like the 3rd time. And it won't be the same with just Moe & Curly. So not sure.

On a side note, what is too old to go trick-or-treating? My oldest is 12, and I'm thinking this might be his last year to go? When do kids usually stop going? I think I was right around that age when I stopped. Although he's got the same problem I do, in that we're short so we look younger longer! I could probably still go and no one would know any difference!!! :jester:

13. SunShine26

I will certainly do it if I can figure out how to post pics here!!

14. sirputz

My mom is gonna cut my hair on the 20th...its decently long. I could save it and make sideburns for ya! Lol. Or you could try 5 below. See if they have anything, or be creative, and make your own!!!

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My son is 13 and hasn't gone for a couple years. He's no fun. :jester:

16. SunShine26

That could totally work!! LOL! I've checked out Five Below for other things, but not necessarily for "sideburns." I will have to go again and see what I can find. Only thing is, my son doesn't like anything on his head and won't wear anything over his eyes. I've gotta figure out something! I know I'm gonna get some black hair paint for his hair...wondering if I can find something similar for sideburns.

17. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Get a black eyeliner pencil and draw them on the side of his face.

18. sirputz

or maybe some fuzzy fabric or felt that can clip into his hair. give it definition. depends on how long he can sit still.

19. SunShine26

GREAT Idea! Thanks!

20. SunShine26

Wouldn't work...considering we buzzed his hair a few weeks ago and the fact that he won't sit still very long. Thanks for the tip though!