Rehoming a dog

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Was wondering what organizations around here take in pets that need to be rehomed. We have a 2yo male dog that suffers too greatly from what the vet calls fear aggression. Dog is afraid of everything. He's an awesome dog and we hate to do this but even the vet agrees just too unpredictable w/ everyone that is in and out of this house all the time on a daily basis. So, with heavy heart, we must rehome him. Now, I need to get advice on which animal rescue place to call that will handle this well and really take care of him and find him a wonderful home. As a mother to ten kids, I can honestly say it would not be best to put him in a home w/ children unless they are teens. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your help.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

2. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

What breed is he? A lot of local rescues are breed specific. Also have you tried calling the humane society/ your vet to get their recommendations for rescue groups?

Has the dog bitten anyone out of fear? I know some rescues won't take animals that have a biting history.

Good luck, I know it is a hard thing to do.:cry:

3. Abdulina

He's a mixed breed. Mostly golden but considered an aussie-sheperd mix. I'll be calling some places tomorrow.

4. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Google for "New Leash On Life"

They take dogs that need "work" in order for them to be able to overcome their doggie life obstacles and become a happy family pet.

5. Abdulina

Thanks.