A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

It is sooooo good! That vanilla bean mousse stuff on top is yummy! I love being a stripes member there. We are always getting free meals, desserts, money off the bill. The pot stickers there are good too...yum!:cheers:

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I cannot stop eating. Somebody help. I mean, I eat everything I find and I've never been that way.

Sherry

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I think this is the 1st time I've EVER left my phone at home. :?

4. RickH

RickH Member

How are the regular menu items at TGIF? I haven't heard great things about it so thought I'd ask how they compare to Chili's, Applebee's, etc.

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I had the ribs and my Husband had the Salmon with Lobster. They were both very good.

6. RickH

RickH Member

Thanks! Now if I can convince my wife to go. :)

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Today's date is:

10/11/12

Did you notice?

I'll admit, since the turn of the century, we've tended to use four digit years (a throwback to the millennium bug perhaps?), so I didn't think about it until just now.

Just a random thought. :)

8. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Just wait until it is 1:14, then in military time it would be 10/11/12 13:14 hours

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Then, of course there's always 15 seconds after 1:14 pm.

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Bunch o' idiots ... :banghead:

(no, not you)

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I read about a baby that was born at that time - 8 lbs, 9 oz. So, 8-9 on 10/11/12 at 13:14.

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I need a new av

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I'm not using Launchpad McQuack for the moment (until after November 6th). You're welcome to borrow him. :)

15. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I don't know why it took me so long to discover White Swan's chicken and bbq. I guess because it's at a gas station. :lol: I prefer it over Smithfield's. The fried chicken is awesome!

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I've always heard their bbq was better. I've only had Swans once and there was a hunk of cartilage about knuckle size in my sandwich. I haven' thd theirs since.

17. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

That almost made me throw up

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm not positive, but I think that White Swans are independently owned franchises so your experience may be different at each one. Their web site doesnt back that up, but that's what I understood from the owner of the Benson store.

I like them because as long as they carry the core products from White Swan they can also carry "other stuff". They have specials that you don't see in Smithfields such as soup, sandwiches and dinner plates.

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Doggonit! Now I want some White Swans. Unfortunately they don't have any up here in North Raleigh (that I know of).

Oh, well, Road Trip!

20. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

So, there's no longer a White Swan at the gas station at 42 & Barber Mill Rd???

How's the one over at Wilson's Mills?