Laugh out Loud-- Closing?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Concerned Person, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

Has anyone found out if Laugh out Loud has closed? And why?

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

If they were making money, would they be closing???? :?

I've heard through a reliable source of talks of it being sold, and continuing operation under a new owner.

......... first of the month .

3. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

I heard there lease was up (5 years already) and decided note to renew and are moving to FL.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

they are definitely closed.

5. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

per their Facebook page they are closing...

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have some friends that went 2 Saturday nights ago, and it was said many times "our last night"....

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

It's also on their website that they have decided to close.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

We went once and thought it was pretty cool, but it was nearly empty. There were eight of us in the crowd including the other comedians.
    Location, location, location. Their choice of venue never made sense to me. Every time I rode by there I looked to see if it was still open. A Comedy Club in an isolated strip mall on the outside of Clayton is going to have a tough time making it.

Try in one of the historic buildings downtown similar to Mulberry on Main or The Flipside and it MIGHT have a chance. I just don't think Clayton has the customer base to support it.

9. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Yes Sat was their last nite. We were at the 8 PM show sat nite, but nothings was mentioned at that time. We had been a few times and really enjoyed it. Chris Wiles, the comic that was there Sat said that Matt and his wife decided not to renew their lease and that they wanted to do something different, that is why they decided to close.

10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member