Early Voting

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I voted this afternoon at the Cleveland location. Instead of letting us put our ballot through the maching the worker had us place them in a tray. I questioned her and she said not to worry they would be put through eventually. I found this very strange and went home and called the board of elections. The lady said it was not right and she was going to go check on it.

Did anyone else have this happen to them?

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Was the machine broke?

3. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I voted today too. I wondered why I had to put it in a tray under the machine instead of putting it through the machine??

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We voted last Friday, and our papers were processed by sticking it into a machine that resembled a fax machine. It was not busy at all - no waiting involved. Perhaps it has been very busy and the machine cannot keep up with it? I think if I was told to just leave it in a bin, I would have asked why, and suggested I wait until I actually see my ballot being processed. I think it sort of sounds like ballots could easily be misplaced if not promptly processed. I agree; something sounds amiss.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Same in Sampson County and I agree this does not sound right.

6. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

There was a papertowel over the slot where I would have inserted the ballot. I asked he what the problem was and she did not say it was broken just that I should not worry my vote would count. I guess I should have asked more questions but I needed to get going to my son's ball game. I will probably call again on Monday to see what happened. Of course I have been analyzing this all evening. If the machine was broken they should have told me and there should have been two people at the bin of ballots to for extra accountability. I wonder if this is just at Cleveland or other locations as well. The lady at the board of elections seemed concerned and said that she was on her way to check it out.

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Doesn't smell right to me...... :evil:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Personally i would have refused, gone back to the registrars and told them to take my name off the registry for having voted, but hey thats just me, too many things are not honest and trustworthy these days

9. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

:iagree: Mine went in the machine

10. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Kaci, I would have done the same as you!! To many questions about this!! Voter fraud is going to win for Obama again but I will make sure he does not get MY VOTE!!!!

11. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Heh - I was thinking the same thing, but the other way around. Like the way the GOP tried to pass a law mandating photo ID to vote in PA, but it was blocked. This seems to be a topic for the political pit, however, so no point debating here.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:hurray:

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

:cheers:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:roll::roll::roll: One for each of the last three posts. Good grief.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No eye roll for the one that started it? That indicates you are no different then the three of us, just that you are from the other side of the partisan divide.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Nah.. no voter fraud there, more like voter ignorance

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Whatever Hught. I missed PCROOM's idiotic post. Here is his. :roll: And another one for whatever you posted and thought better of. :roll:

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I left the last part off, to show the hypocrisy.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:nopity:

20. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

KDC, Now I know why you live under a rock!!!!!!