FedEx claim

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Oct 28, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I'm still dealing with Fedex over the shipments of broken pottery.The shipping store had to file the claim for me since they were the ones who packed it, Fedex refuses to give me much information about it,very frustrating!! So much for handling claims within 5-7 business days,I've been dealing with this since Oct.9th.

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Well based on past info Fed ex shouldn't give you anything... They weren't the ones who didn't know how to pack it correctly, the shipping place should be the one paying you, they sucked at packing it.. Right ??

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

'Terms and Conditions of shipping store: Shall not be liable for articles lost,damaged,delayed or misdelivered as a result of the act of omission of a carrier,stores sole responsibility shall be to deliver the article to the carrier in the same condition as received.'
    That being said,what do you think my chances are of seeing any money from them,it's going to be a case of a bunch of finger pointing instead.

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

I don't usually suggest this, but it may be time to get some media attention on it (5 on your side/abc11 troubleshooter). Based on what you have said, the folks who packed it are responsible and no matter what the waiver reads, you paid them in good faith to pack that box securely. Otherwise, what did you pay for? You had every reasonable expectation that they would do the job you 'hired' them to do and paid for the service. Provided you have logged all of your communications to resolve the issue with no success, it might be time to bring in someone else to put some heat under them. Good luck!