Hunting season

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Is hunting season now open? I was just out in my back yard with my dogs and it sounded like a series of gun shots along Indian Camp Road. It sounded like

pop....30seconds....pop pop.....30seconds.... pop pop......30....pop

so on and so forth for about 15 minutes

it did not sound like fireworks

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Yes, its hunting season

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well if they were hunting they are to darn close to a subdivision, or even with in the subdivision

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You ain't from around here..........are you? :lol: That is not hunting, or that poor deer would be in bits and pieces. That would be target shooting.

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If it is hunting, it's not from someone that's a very good shot.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

shhhhhhhhhh, be vewy, vewy quiet....said in my best Elmer Fudd voice! :lol:

7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. This is JoCo, we like to shoot in our backyards here. As long as you do it safely, there's no issues with it.

8. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Speaking of hunting, I need some information from you gun aficionados. We would like to purchase a shotgun. My hubby thinks its a good idea for me to have one when he's away. I need to take gun safety classes and don't know anything about guns. Any suggestions regarding where to purchase, what kind to buy. Any help is really appreciated!

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Go get a Mossberg 500, that's what I have

11. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Is there a shooting range close Rock? double tap usually means someone is practicing.

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

TriggerHappy offers an introduction to firearms for women course that might be a great place to start and is honestly what I owuld suggest first and foremost.

Simple fact is there is no need to have a gun that you are afraid to use.

13. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! Very helpful information! Trigger Happy looks like just what I need. I would not have a firearm in the house unless I'm comfortable using it. That's why I need the classes. Thanks again for the help!

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I prefer a 9mm. That's what I have in the nightstand. And I am not scared one bit to unload. ;)