Cleveland Pop Warner at ramp on 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AWmom, Sep 29, 2012.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

As far as donations in general....

Note to parents (and I'm a parent myself):

If you're going to have Little Timmy stand in the grocery store doorway and practically shame every patron into donating, then shame on you. Some of us can't give to every damn cause and group out there. Does that makes us bad people? No, it means that, if you've been paying attention to the economic news for the last, what, 4 years, that you might understand some of us can't give.

When I declined to give, the kids, made a snide remark to each other and started laughing. That's the Boy Scout spirit for sure, right?

Don't have your kids act like panhandlers, whether at the off-ramp or by barricading the grocery store door. We need a regulation to force these groups into the fringes of the parking lots, whereby anyone who WANTS to give WILL give, without being pestered and shamed into doing it.

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray::iagree::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Nothing like teaching our children to beg for what they need and want to ensure the proper values in the next generation. Whatever happened to bake sales, car washes, Bar-B-Q dinners, yard sales, etc. as proven methods for raising funds??? Too much work, I suppose. :?

Seems like the grocery stores would see this as being the turn-off that it is to most folks, , and not let them solicit right in front of the entrances.

ALSO - Seems like the Sheriff's Department would be able to see the inherent danger(s) in soliciting from the roadside and put a stop to it.

BUT - Common sense is anything BUT common!!!! As I've said MANY times, it ought to be called UNCOMMON SENSE, because it seems few have been blessed with it. :x