Early Voting

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Stand by for the Clif lecture on Early Voting!

Good for you casting your vote Wulf, I encourage everybody to do so!

2. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

I voted earlier today-asked for my name and had to tell my address-no line-no waiting. Took my son after school to register and vote (he turns 18 just before Tuesday)-he had to give his driver's license-no line-no waiting-he got a round of applause from the workers as a first time voter. Pretty cool!

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:hurray:

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

"You ain't buying it?" Why would I lie about that? My point earlier was they did not ask for my ID. My husband went on a different day and location and they did not ask for his ID either. They did ask for my name, address and birthday. That's it.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No ID here either, just question on where I lived.

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

About 40 or so people in line at Cleveland center to vote this evening. I remarked to the portion of the line I was near how nice it was that we undergo a change in government though the ballot box, no guns, no tanks in the streets, just a peaceful process of voting and having our votes counted, and that in many place across the world, they are envious of us. For many, change comes as a result of civil war.

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I've moved since the last election and was given some static because I didn't have anything on me with my new address. I asked the lady why I needed to show my new address but didn't have to provide anything with my name on it?

She just paused for a second and told me to go ahead.

The whole system is a sham.

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I got to thinking last night. According to the NCSBE link I provided earlier in this thread, in North Carolina we are required to provide ID when we register to vote (or, if not when we register, then we must show upon the first vote).

Now, that is a fact. It is the law in North Carolina.

So, when I ask someone why don't we have voter ID laws that require people to show their ID every time they vote, I'm told that it's wrong to force someone to have an ID. Apparently some people can't afford it or they lost their driver's license because of DUI (do we really have that many DUI's in this state for that to be a concern?), some people are too old to have to go down to the DMV, yadda, yadda.

But, when they registered to vote they had to have ID then.

So, what was the issue with voter ID laws again?

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

simmer....never said you were lying. :rolleyes:

10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

When I asked what my son needed to register yesterday, I was told driver's license or another form of id. He chose to use his dl because it was on his person, but the form he brought home after registering and voting said that a dl, other photo id from a gov't agency, a utility bill, bank statement, govt check, paycheck, or other govt document would be permissible. This allows a one-stop vote to occur. If the person doesn't have one of those documents, they receive a provisional ballot that is not processed, unless or until the person supplies the appropriate documentation to the county board of elections on or before November 15, 2012.
    Within two days of the person's one stop registration, the county board of elections shall verify the NC dl or ss#, update the registry and search for possible duplicate registrations, and proceed to verify the address. The vote shall be counted unless there is a problem with the registration. Otherwise, there will be a challenge issued and the registrant willl receive notice and instructions on how to appeal the challenge. The registrant can check info online at www.ncsbe.gov or by calling 1-866-522-4723.

This is a condensed version of the letter he walked out with after registering and voting. I thought it was interesting that someone could vote without the required docs if they sent in the document later. In any case, voter id to register is not limited to a photo id, which is odd to me and IMO could lead to voter fraud that would not easily be caught.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Ah, that would be a (somewhat) valid argument from the anti-voter ID people.

Thanks.

12. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Interested to see how the NJ hurricane voting by e-mail will work out....:?:

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

NJ is gonna be blue regardless. I'd be much more nervous about that deal if it were a southern state.

15. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

General Reminder--- On Tuesday, Election Day Johnston Co. POLLS open at 6:30 am. On election day you MUST VOTE in your HOME Precinct. NOT the Early ONE STOP locations. There is no voting at the Cleveland JCC Building.

Cleveland has 4 Precincts,they are:
    PR31 A Cleveland VFD
    PR31 B Cleveland Elem. School (Back/Bus entrance off Cornwalis Rd)
    PR12 B C3 Church Side Doors
    PR12 A C3 Church Front Doors

(I get PR 12 A&B Mixed up)

Polls close at 7:30pm.

If you are in LINE at 7:30pm you can vote, not if you are running up or just parking your car--- IN LINE.

If you have any issue at your polling place ask to Speak to the Chief Judge.

16. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Heard that on the news this morning.

Frightening!

17. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Is the voting site in Willow Spring still at White Memorial Presb. Church?

18. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a Precinct (Voting) at White Memorial Presbyterian Church. Not sure how it is named; something like Pleasant Grove SE.

19. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Sorry :cheers:

20. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well I am old school and I will be voting tomorrow. But I can tell you this. I am thoroughly sick and tired of all the divisiveness of both parties but even more so of all the superpacs.