need up to date vet info

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by smiles, Nov 4, 2012.

1. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

The threads are a few years old, and I'm trying to find a more affordable vet. Which vet is the most reasonably priced? Money is tight, and we can't afford $$$ to take our dogs to the vet. One dog has gotten a laceration this weekend and needs to be treated to make sure there's no infection.

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

3. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

What I really need is to find out which vets are the least expensive...something none of them post on their websites. I know several vets in the area that used to be affordable are not outrageous in their pricing. (One vet we'd had for years in Smithfield tripled their prices when they moved to a new location, for example.)

4. ml242003

ml242003 Member

Try asking if any of them will let you make payments. some will, some won't.

5. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Old Stage animal hospital on Old Stage Rd near Angier NC

6. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

We take our dog to Countryside Animal Hospital in Wilson. Dr. Walker is very caring and reasonable, doesn't recommend extras and they will work with you. We tried the vet off of 301 in Smithfield...Willow Run, I think was the name and they are insanely priced, require all payment upfront, and require 2 well visits a year for dogs ( I don't even go to the doctor twice a year!).

Good luck!

7. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

if you have credit apply for a care credit card.some vets accept it so make sure the one you go to does.and they will give you 6 plus months interest free if you pay it off by then. really saved us when our cat needed surgery. they accept it at crepe myrtle ah in angier, and a great vet

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:iagree:

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

While I've never gone there, I've heard their rates are the lowest in the area.

10. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Vets for Pets in Dunn is by far the cheapest. I have heard mixed reviews on them, but we have never had a problem at all. It is walk-in only, no appointments, but I usually wait less time there than at our normal vet. It wouldn't be the first vet I would recommend if you had money to spend, but if you are on a tight budget, they are the cheapest...by far. Call and compare prices, it may be worth a twenty minute drive down I-95.

(910) 892-3540

17 J And J Ln

Dunn, NC 28334

11. mom23

mom23 Active Member

Stage Road is defiantly the cheapest. They have awesome vets too. Please don't go to Vets for Pets. They have numerous complaints. Not bad reviews, but actual complaints. Search on google some of the should come up.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My wife told me that Vets for Pets (at least the one on I95) will no longer be in operation after the first of the year.

13. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks You! That happens when you only half listen and say Yes Dear! Constantly! :mrgreen:

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have several family members who use Stage Road AH for their furries and are very satisfied with cost and care both. Please please please do NOT use Vets for Pets. I had a horrible, sad, awful experience there about a year or so ago w/ a dog my niece and I rescued. :(

16. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

I've had good experiences there too. They definitely don't nickle and dime you either.

17. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I was just there today. There are at least 2 other vets in there now. Dr Beretich will retire by the end of Dec, and the clinic has to be sold by June. The other vets are hoping to keep it open.

18. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I don't usually use Vets For Pets, but the couple times I did, we saw other vets (not Dr Beretich) and they were both fine, we had absolutely no issues. Like I said, I wouldn't normally recommend to use them but the OP mentioned that money is tight, and I would rather an animal have it's shots and be able to get antibiotics etc, than to have to go without.