New businesses at 40/210 shopping center

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rigmaster, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Rumor has it that there will be a Hardware store in the old Dollar General spot and a gym (Fit for life?) in the old video store spot. Anyone have any more details about this? I wonder how the hardware store will fare if they really do build a Home Depot at McGees (210/50) next to the CVS?

I'm seriously considering a gym membership, and was going to go with Healthquest in Smithfield since it's between work and home, but if there's a place going in at 210/40, that's less than 10 minutes from home, so that might work even better....

Thanks!

2. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

There is a gym going in the old video spot, saw the signs last night

3. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

I use to have a membership at Fit for Life at 40/42. Wonderful owner! He's an awesome guy. I'd still be a member but life is not allowing.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I Heard it was going to be an ACE hardware

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

2 Cousins Pizza posted on their Facebook page that it was going to be a Town & Country Hardware store.

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Just passing along info...we checked and the "Fit 4 Life Health Club of McGee's Crossing" is not associated with the "Fit For Life Health Club" that operates at 40/42. Two different operations, similar names.

7. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Thanks Webbie.

And Tassy, I'm 99% sure that Town & Country IS Ace Hardware.

;)

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

okay :)

9. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Talking with the owners of the new store, they stated it is not the same, they're not affiliated with ACE Hardware, but are their own entity. Friendly competition is good.

10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

T&C is not affiliated with Ace.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Exactly, T&C is owned by a big conglomerate, Ace stores are individually owned by an individual small business owner