Lion's Gate Membership contract

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Pwoods, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

I was told this would not matter, and I do not plan to file for unemployment. Thank you for the suggestion though.

2. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

Common sense? Common sense would be to call some guy named Jake over at Riverwood? Considering he doesn't seem to be listed on their broke*** website, how could this be common sense? This implies that this would be readily known and his number freely available.

You don't read a thing on here do you? I have contacted the General Manager of the Athletic club program and he did not have the courtesy to contact me back. He pushed it off on someone I had already spoken with.

Also, I wouldn't consider referring to myself as unsatisfied or the pool a bit dirty as 'trashing' it.

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Then theres the problem.

Jake is Fred Smith sil. He runs Fred Smith Company with his BIL Jules Smith. Freds oldest. You want to call Fred SMith Company. Not the gym...not the pool. You want to call the people who RUN things. Now you have the info you need. If you choose not to use it it is on you. If you have forgotten how to use a phone book google it.

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Not sure how many months you have left to go, or what level membership you signed up for, but you might start by scheduling an appointment to meet with the manager (yes, I read that he blew you off the first time but try again). See if they will let you drop to the lowest membership level for the rest of the contract and negotiate the new, lower balance over the next twelve months instead of all at once, or see if they will cancel the membership immediately and stretch the remainder of a specified payment plan (in writing). I realize this is not getting rid of the payment, but it might lower it and allow you the time to stretch it out. If they are not willing to do anything after you act in good faith, then maybe try to contact a Smith about it. Honestly, it is a tough spot you're in. Hope you find something else soon.