Baby Sitting Fees

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif001, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

How many of you use the neighbourhood teen as your weekend babysitter and how much does s/he generally charge?

2. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Babysitter

$5.00 per child. I have two, so its $10/hour. I also provide dinner. My kids are very easy. Ages 10 and 12. Hope this helps.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree:

4. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

We paid one of the girls that works at our daughter's daycare $10 to watch her when she was about 18 months old. Seemed like a lot to me but sounds like that is close to the going rate these days.

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Thanks for the input.

I was under the impression it was a bit more (near $20/child). Glad to hear I'm wrong. :)

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

We pay a lot more than what was suggested above....so you aren't totally out of the woods. I guess it just depends.

7. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

We pay $10-$15 per hour to a college student who watches our kids (1st & 5th grade). No cleaning or cooking or bathing. I paid more when diapers and bottles/feeding were involved.

8. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

There is a widget on care.com that will help you figure out what to charge your babysitter. It asks how many children, how many years of experience the potential babysitter has and your zip code.