Black Friday Shopping

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I go every year. I don't go to buy anything, though. More of just go to people watch and get in the spirit of the holiday. [​IMG]

Normally I go with my best friend, but she isn't going to be going this year, so it will just be my by myself. :(

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

so this is the femininity coming out of you,,

3. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

:(sorry I couldn't ask off

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I like to watch people also but that madness makes me claustrophobic. I can go to a concert but to even get close to all the people wanting to spend money gives me the creeps. And to me it's not the holiday spirit I enjoy.

Have fun watching the mobs.

Sherry

5. BuzzMyMonkey

I bet it does give you the creeps, seeing how thats money you libs don't have your hands on to spend it for them the way it should be spent..

6. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I like shopping online for things that are hard to find in stores. I admit I ordered a grown up size Justin Bieber t-shirt online. :lol: (I'm taking my girls to his concert in January so I have to look the part)

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Should be that's, which means that is. lol

Take the political stuff to the Pit.

Sherry

8. BuzzMyMonkey

yeah,, in one ear out the other..

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Why does every thread on here turn into an argument lately? Can't we all just get along?

10. BuzzMyMonkey

Isn't Clif waiting on you to join him in line somewhere to do some pre Black Friday shopping.

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm staying home this year.

12. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

This whole Black Friday thing even has the retailers confused, with many opening Thursday night and calling it black friday. Kohl's has commercials sayng it is opening Thursday at midnight. Don't we change days at midnight? Are they opening right after 1159 pm Wednesday. or 1200 am Friday? I bet they don't even know!!! This country doesn't even have holidays anymore. Just opportunities for companies to take our money.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Bitter much? I missed the part where someone is holding a gun to your head to go shopping on black Friday. Stay home. Problem solved.

14. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Oh I do stay home, that way i don't have to run into people who think I'm bitter.

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I have NEVER in my life shopped on Black Friday!!!! There is nothing so important that I need, and none of this STUFF can go with me to my grave, so all I need is myself and my health and I stay home.

16. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

3:30 am -Just got back from CVM and Target shopping. Awesome deals, pretty big crowd at CMV but nothing that wasnt manageable and there were no terrible lines to stand in. Got a big part of my Christmas shopping done (the sale at B & B Works was NICE! Lots of people R getting candles!) The sales at Belks were pretty sweet too. The crowd was nothing on the level of chaos that I have seen at the Smithfield Pottery the one and only time I went. That place was scary, I didnt even park and shop that night! I saw the crowd and came back home! Wanted to go to Kohls tonight but the parking lot was so full I knew it would be crazy in there. Will try again tomorrow...

17. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I didn't go to the malls, but we went to White Oak this morning around 6:00 to Target, Bestbuy, D.I.C.K's, Five Below and Ulta. There were no crowds and no waiting in line, but we still found some good deals. We were done by 9:30. It was an awesome time to shop! We even went to Wal-mart after that, and no crowds there either.

18. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I went to two store this afternoon with Kiddo and hubby. I can't take the crowds anymore....

give me cyber monday!!

19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I broke down and bought a new mattress\box spring that was a black Friday special. I figured my mattress and box spring were 26 years old it was time to get rid of it