A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The only difference between the laws in those states versus states that allow the use of medical is that you won't have to ask your Doctor for a card before running down to the Five and Dime on the corner and buying a bag of weed.

Hell I could get a card cause I have arthritis....it's not that hard to get one and then smoke all you want be it for medical or recreational reasons.

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I have arthritis in my hips and early stages of glaucoma. Maybe I could get a two fer.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

4. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Why is the principal using the phone system to call the masses about dress code violations? Seriously? We already got the handbook. Some of us even read it. And if so many people are wearing leggings to school now that the weather is colder that you feel a mass phone call addressing the legging infractions is due, that must mean that a lot of people think they are OK to wear. Maybe you should change the policy, oh wise and wonderful board of education? Leggings can look cute and decent if worn correctly. Even jeans, which are supposed to be fine for dress code, can look tacky, distasteful, and indecent if too much body is crammed into too little material. The office/teachers should have final say, but banning them completely seems silly. What ever happened to using reason and common sense? And using the automated phone system to call everyone to tell them not to wear them, even those of us that don't have kids that wear leggings, is obnoxious. They really abuse that phone system.

Ok, rant over. That was therapeutic.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I have the strangest things happen @ work when nobody else is here.
    A woodpecker just tried to commit suicide and slammed into the glass.
    Wrapped him/her in a warm hand towel (warmed it up by using my space heater), gave it some water and 15 mins later .... it flew away. I *thought* I might have had to take him/her home with me. DH would have loved that. Just what I need ONE more pet. :lol::lol:

6. Sherry A.

[​IMG]

My next husband. :oops:

Sherry

7. harleygirl

Cuz, does he have eyeliner on? :lol::lol:

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

you and clif may have to flip a coin..

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Not my cup o' tea.

10. harleygirl

<good juju vibes> :hurray::hurray:

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Why is it almost all the current news articles about the Powerball lottery talk about how bad life was for past winners and will probably be for you if you win?

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Because you will become one of the 2%! Who would wish that on anybody?

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I thought it was 1% (as opposed to the 99%ers who occupied everything)?

When did it change?

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It has been 2% in tax discussions for a while now.

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Oh, yeah, the "fiscal hugh" ;)

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

17. Sherry A.

I have played the lottery twice in my life and am still up by $5.00. I consider myself a winner. :lol:

Sherry

18. Sherry A.

Okay Harley I think it's time you and I go to WCU and drop in on some witches that have nothing better to do than gossip about nothing. DD is getting ready to punch some out but she thinks it is always her and she doesn't understand why. I told her it will be like that the rest of her life just suck it up and tell them how you feel, if they deserve that.

You might need to give her some advise on smarts and looks.

Sherry

19. Sherry A.

I keep getting redirected when I go from thread to thread and then have to click on try again. Hope this is coming from Webbie still cleaning up stuff.

Sherry

20. harleygirl

LOL! I'll drive.