Heavy Equipment at Hwy 42 and Cornwalis

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Granted that McGees Crossroads isn't really a town, but they said the same thing when someone asked about that area. Now there's one at 50/210. I think they just look online to see if there's one listed on their website, and if not, they send an e-mail saying there isn't going to be one. Based on the article from a year ago, they've already investigated properties in the area.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

It would seem strange to have 2 store on 42 within 2.5 miles of eachother. But I'll take either as I live exactly halfway in between lol.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Update on Sheetz at Hwy 42 and Amelia Church Road. Apartment complex directly behind the proposed Sheetz will be built first.

5. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Yes many of them did years ago when the plans were being approved. Since then the original developer sold the property and some of the residents have moved away. The biggest concern is the impact on an already congested intersection. Glad we can avoid this intersection.

6. jesse82nc

They must have some real funding going on. Saw about 20-30 guys working all day Thanksgiving day with all kinds of heavy equipment. Talk about overtime. Looks like they are going to develop all 9 to 11 lots there at once as well as build that new road going through there. I saw the engineers mapping out the new road as well the cut that will connect on the 42 side.

Looking forward to it! Maybe it will push someone into developing the lot on the opposite corner.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I grow more skeptical about a Sheetz being what is built at 42 and Cornwalis. The site and the way they are preparing it doesn't seem like it would work for it. Keep in mind this is not much more than a hunch and my 5 seconds of daily research as I pass by.

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

That site gets bigger every day. Looking more and more like Crabtree Valley East to me!!! :)

9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

sheetz going in on corner the rest will be other bldgs

10. jesse82nc

Got this official update from Sheetz from their FB page: