New FM station 95.3 "95X" rocks..

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Copperhead, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight DB. I do remember Big Rig, and I always thought he was doing his gig remotely, but I didn't realize he was not even in the state.

I'll have to check out this new station, I understand the reasoning behind why all the big FM stations seem to stick to the same 40-50 songs over and over again, but I can't stand it sometimes.

If you limit yourself to what's heard on commercial radio, you'd have to think that The Who has only 2 great songs, and that The Clash only has Train in Vain and Rock the Casbah. Couldn't be farther from the truth on both counts.

FWIW, I worked for a couple of years as a college radio DJ- the first year we were cranking out an awesome 10 watts, until we received some donated equipment which cranked us up to 100w.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

radio is no longer the unique "hype machine" for the music industry that it once was. most people used to be exposed to music by hearing it on the radio. now there are so many sources that radio has had to evolve itself somewhat. it's much more of a jukebox now, loaded up with only hits. in general, people use radio as background music, or as an information source rather than a new music source. when they are using it that way, they do not want to be challenged by unfamiliarity. even if it's something new, it needs to sound like something they are already familiar with. mainstream commercial radio is not for people who are audiophiles, or those whose tastes fall in any area not in the middle. it's aimed at the lowest common denominator. how can you get the most people to listen at the same time without ****ing any of them off to the point that they push the button....

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I remember when living in Alabama back in the early 70s we had no rock and roll stations. I would sneak downstairs at 10pm nightly and tune into a station out of Chicago. It was awesome. When rock and roll started being played daily on radio stations it was like we won.

Sherry

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

am radio I assume?

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Since you have spent the last few months following me around 4042 forums making rude and unwelcome comments, and just being the bully you are, and since you are my "special friend", I'm going to return the favour. From now until you promise to stop bullying people (or until one or both of us are ejected from 4042), I'm going to follow you around the forums and respond to each of your posts telling everyone that you're a bully and that I'm not going to put up with it any more.

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You've already defined your moment on 4042 as a bully, no I'm standing up to you and I'm not going to take it any more.

This will end when either you promise to stop being a bully or we are both ejected from 4042.

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You both need your peters slapped!

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

With or without, you're still a bully.

9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

lol,,

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Still a bully.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Still a bully.

12. Rigmaster

Hey DangerBoy- I just found this on Facebook, been listening this afternoon at work and so far I love it!!

http://www.live365.com/index.live#stations/rfraleigh365

In fact I just heard you talking about how next up was an hour of music that you'd tried for 20 years to get played on Raleigh radio but the Program managers would never go for it. First song after that was Megadeth- well played sir!!! :)

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

AGAIN CLIFF?

<yes i went there> :lol::lol:

14. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

95.3 was HisRadio contempory Christian

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Yes again. I'm tired of Monkeyboy following me around from thread to thread bullying me for the past several months. It has to stop and if I have to get ejected to bring focus to the problem, so be it.

It used to be fun to post here at 4042. But it's not fun if every other post is followed by Monkeyboy making some sort of snide, rude or inappropriate comment.

16. Rigmaster

Yeah, so what makes you think it's a good idea for you to do the same thing? Is it an eye-for-an-eye kind of thing or what?

I vote to just ban both of you, done and done.

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I've tried asking nicely. I've tried taking the battle off line. I've tried simply ignoring him. Nothing yet has worked. As far as I can tell, I've done nothing to wrong him. He simply doesn't like me for some reason.

Don't much care what your vote is. Monkeyboy is a bully and I'm standing up to him.

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I may post and make comments that I believe have some humour, but unlike you I don't follow people around bullying them. That's your gig, Monkeyboy.

Then stop being a bully.

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

OK That made me laugh...Thanks.

20. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

thank you very much. i thought it to be an appropriate first song...

hello me, it's me again